No announcement yet.

Expensive doesn't mean good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, do you guys think that paying thousands of dollars for a guitar is kinda lame?:ROTF:
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

$127 for a 93 Jackson dinky XL, with schaller trem, SD demon in bridge and tom anderson in neck.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
        So, do you guys think that paying thousands of dollars for a guitar is kinda lame?:ROTF:

Yup!:ROTF: But I do want a Les Paul, just not sure about paying high dollar for Gibby shit. I can probably load an Epiphone for 1/4 the price. :ROTF:

Comment

Cheap guitars are not cheaply made for the most parts. Here's a quiz: How many American Fender Strats were made between 1954 and 1994? Them what has the book don't give it away.

Comment

My SX SEG1 cost $129 new and plays as well as anything. But it only plays like that after I worked on it and set it up myself. It came from the factory in China with frets that were more like files they were so rough...

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              IS that G707 refinished? I've only seen them in Silver/black, and the only deviation I've seen besides that one is Amir Derakhs, which he had Yamaha refinish White.
              I wouldn't know, i'm sure red was a stock colour but just more rare, my one is black.

I bought a USA fender strat from a pawn shop really cheap, played nice but it looked like a strat, it had to go gave it to the girlfriend at the time and got some great sexual favours for it
              This pawn shop knew nothing about guitars so they used to ask me, i'd tell them a silly low price and get a friend to go and haggle the price down more before getting it for me

The USA RR (2501) in my avatar was got for $400.
              Last edited by Evilution; 01-02-2008, 07:28 PM.

Comment

thsoe Washburn Les Paul copies! they go for about $500-ish new, and SMOKE any Gipsun I've played!
                Out Of Ideas

Comment

My Charvel 375 Delux was a great guitar. I miss that one, also my Fusion. Both under 300 bucks. My Epiphone Goth LP is a kick ass little guitar too.

Comment

Got my Gretsch electromatic 5120 for under $400 and it's on par with their top of the line stuff!
                    What has 9 arms and 10 legs? Def Leppard

Comment

My Charvette 270RR. Plywood body, came with JT-6 and Charvel pickups. The neck on this thing is unbelievable. It cost me $178 about 12 years ago. Yeah, it has a Jackson logo on it. I did it for shits and giggles.

Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

My $250 Carvin DC125 (Donnie was, in fact, the shit!) and $200 Hamer Cali agree with this sentiment.
                        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I've never spent more than $400 on a guitar and I have yet to be disappointed.

As far as the best? Tie between Charvel Predator and Yamaha 120SD.
                          Scott

Comment

My max was a little over $500. It's a '91 Stratocaster Plus. As in made in the USA with Lace Sensors. It plays OK. However, I have many cheap guitars that play better.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                              My max was a little over $500. It's a '91 Stratocaster Plus. As in made in the USA with Lace Sensors. It plays OK. However, I have many cheap guitars that play better.

Lace Sensors

Seriously, you probably should've chosen a better one , if you're not pleased with it. We all know that they're all hit&miss.
                              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

I picked up a beaten Charvel Model 4 last year for £120. It is only rivaled by my new Charvel Star. It puts lots of higher priced guitars to shame!
                                Stringed things:
                                Charvel Model 4
                                Charvel NOS Star
                                Gibson SG Special

Comment

Working...
                                X