Looking for a webmail provider...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a webmail provider...

I've had my internet service with Charter cable for over 4 years, but in my area their service got sold to avenuebroadband.com. I've used an [email protected] webmail account for the whole time, but that ends Feb. 15. I'm gonna have to let a *ton* of people/places know my new email address....what a pain.

Anyway, who do you recommend as a webmail provider? I've really grown to like web-based email so I can check it anywhere. I know Yahoo and other "throw away" accounts are sometimes frowned upon when buying/selling. I also want something that will potentially be around for a long time, so I don't have to go through this pain again.

Any ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

there's always gmail, hotmail, yahoo.

Any reason those won't work (privacy, "the man", technical, features?)
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

You could always register a domain name with dyndns or something and have mail forward from your domain to a gmail acct too. That way it's technically addressed to a non-throwaway address.
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

My main acct is gmail and I really like it. The ads are a small banner on the page, which I hardly notice, and not a crapload of spam in my inbox like hotmail or yahoo.
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I've been using gmail since early in the beta since I have friends at Google. It is definitely a good choice - all of my accounts forward to my gmail account.

Comment

another gmail vote here.

Comment

Hotmail has really improved since they upgraded it to Windows Live Hotmail. But I hear good things about GMail too.
              Scott

Comment

+1 for Gmail

I've been using Gmail since the beta days.
                I have all my POP3 accounts checked by Gmail as well.
                It also has one of the best SPAM filters I've seen.
                -Rick

Comment

gmail here too. Zero issues.
                  "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Yup, I've also been using gmail since the very very early beta days. Huge +1 from this end. (I also have 7 e-mails all flowing into my gmail inbox, it's just better that way)

Comment

One thing I really like about gmail is that you can have it set the "To:" field in your sent messages to any e-mail address that belongs to you.

Comment

I feel your pain brother. I was a Charter customer too, I switched to gmail and really like it. As a matter of fact, I dropped avenue all together. Went with AT&T DSL and got Dish. I'm pretty satisfied so far, and my bill is cheaper.

Comment

Thanks, fellas. Gmail it is. I created a new account and started notifying of the address change. So far every forum except thegearpage.net accepted the gmail address.

Comment

Working...
                          X