No announcement yet.

New Supergroup--- Big Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK ok... I gotta ask this question. Why do so many guys from this era/genre find it necessary to wear the worst wigs ever created?! As someone who is also 'follically-challenged', I just don't get it. Worse than going bald is wearing these stupid things that just make you look like an insecure idiot. I saw JLT in person way back when at a Ray Gillen memorial show (just after he passed), and the wig just looked rediculous. You wanted to just walk up to the guy and say "It's alright man... it's just hair. Get over it already". Anyway, I'm just sayin....

While I would love to hear what the band would do with their own originals, I am not sure I see the point in a covers project. There is talent there, for sure, but it just seems wasted playing covers. Hope they do well, but I don't see it...

-Kenn

Comment

When I think "Supergroup" I think of what Roth did after he left VH. I mean, Vai, Sheehan, Roth, & Bissonette.... Now that's a supergroup.
      My Toys:
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
      '94 Dinky HX in Black
      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
        I have a CD of him singing VH's "Dance The Night Away" and while it's not Dave, I have to say, it's an interesting take on the song.
        I think JLT did a great job on that song. Reb Beach ain't too shabby on guitar either.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
          Yikes, Joe Lynn Turner sounds terrible.
          Always has
          http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Originally posted by kennslp View Post
            You wanted to just walk up to the guy and say "It's alright man... it's just hair. Get over it already". Anyway, I'm just sayin....
            Does JLT really have a wig on in that vid?!?

Comment

Originally posted by cdwillis View Post
              I think Joe Lynn Turner sounds cool. It is strange to hear him singing some grittier sounding stuff though.
              Wasn't JLT with Rainbow when they did "Stone Cold", and "Street of Dreams"?
              He sounded pretty good when I saw them in concert back around 83-84...
              If that was even him in the lineup at that time.

Comment

Yes...that was him...Totaly different Rainbow from when RJD was in...Long Live Rock n Roll just does not sound right with JLT. Just my opinion...But my opinion is right....LOL j/k
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                  Wasn't JLT with Rainbow when they did "Stone Cold", and "Street of Dreams"?
                  He sounded pretty good when I saw them in concert back around 83-84...
                  If that was even him in the lineup at that time.
                  Yep. He did sound good back then. He even sounded good with Yngwie. He just doesn't seem to sound that good any more.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    He even sounded good with Yngwie.
                    That was Yngwie's "pop" phase, but yeah, JLT used to unleash the fjucking fjury!!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                      That was Yngwie's "pop" phase, but yeah, JLT used to unleash the fjucking fjury!!
                      Indeed! He was faster than the speed of light.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        Yep. He did sound good back then. He even sounded good with Yngwie. He just doesn't seem to sound that good any more.
                        I picked up one of his solo albums for cheap a while back, and I thought he sounded very good on it. Not a super heavy album by any stretch, but still good and JLT sang well on it
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Smoke On The Water bwahahaha
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I love Joe Lynn Turner but he sounded like ass on that.

Comment

Originally posted by sevser View Post
                              Yes...that was him...Totaly different Rainbow from when RJD was in...Long Live Rock n Roll just does not sound right with JLT. Just my opinion...But my opinion is right....LOL j/k
                              Absolutely...the whole sound of the band was different between the two.
                              JLT couldn't do "Silver Mountain" anything like Dio could. He never was a "hard" singer, in my opinion.

Dio, on the other hand, is a Metal God to my ears.

Comment

Working...
                              X