• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
    Popular myth. Bush was not stellar...
    But he was far more stellar than some that pass themselves off
    as intellectually superiour to the rest of us:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...7397-2000Mar18
    Academic grades are pointless in ascertaining someone's true intelligence.

I'm getting B's in Law school by wiping my ass on the study material and partying ever night, just because I have lost all interest in what it stands for but am unable to turn back now, since I'm already in year 3, so I'm in for the full haul. But 'the intellectual elite' of my year looks down on me, because they get A's and A+'s (mind you they have NO life outside of studying), while, in all seriousness I could pretty much rape each and everyone of them on the intellectuel level. I laugh at their booksmarts and elitism, bah.

Paris is a dumb broad though. She's pretty much a prostitute in my eyes.
    Last edited by GodOfRhythm; 01-10-2008, 05:34 AM.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Who gives a fuck about that dumb skank..

Harvard..Yale..My Balls..fuggums!!!

Here, this is what I think about this!!!!:ROTF:

..ahhhh...ahhhh...ahhhhhdoooosssshhhhhahhh!!!

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfRhythm View Post
        Academic grades are pointless in ascertaining someone's true intelligence.

I'm getting B's in Law school by wiping my ass on the study material and partying ever night, just because I have lost all interest in what it stands for but am unable to turn back now, since I'm already in year 3, so I'm in for the full haul. But 'the intellectual elite' of my year looks down on me, because they get A's and A+'s (mind you they have NO life outside of studying), while, in all seriousness I could pretty much rape each and everyone of them on the intellectuel level. I laugh at their booksmarts and elitism, bah.

Paris is a dumb broad though. She's pretty much a prostitute in my eyes.
        I've never had trouble with higher education,either.
        That wasn't really my point...just responding to a political
        comment with a bit of historical fact.
        I'd trust Bush to tutor my sons long before I would most of the left wing
        intelligentsia. Facts are more important than feelings, when it comes to education.

Comment

I've never had trouble with higher education,either.
          That wasn't really my point...just responding to a political
          comment with a bit of historical fact.
          I'd trust Bush to tutor my sons long before I would most of the left wing
          intelligentsia. Facts are more important than feelings, when it comes to education.
          A recent poll shows that a majority of republicans don't believe in the theory of evolution, while a majority of democrats accept it. I agree with you, facts should be more important than feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by imaguy2 View Post
            A recent poll shows that a majority of republicans don't believe in the theory of evolution, while a majority of democrats accept it. I agree with you, facts should be more important than feelings.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2917719.shtml
            Let's not go there. It's one of those "Is the Earth the Center of the Universe?" debates. It has nothing to do with reality, and is a foolish political football.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Heh. I heard not too long ago that she actually has a degree in engineering from MIT or something. She doesn't seem all that bright.
              ...and when Toejam says you're not that bright you know you are pretty freakin' stupid.

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Let's not go there. It's one of those "Is the Earth the Center of the Universe?" debates. It has nothing to do with reality, and is a foolish political football.
                Whether or not you believe in science or science fiction is foolish political football? Nonsense.
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                  Whether or not you believe in science or science fiction is foolish political football? Nonsense.
                  That's why I think the whole debate is absurd, and the way it gets thrown back and forth between religous and political lines. It's pretty bad when beliefs get in the way of facts.
                  The pundits of the far extremes use these straw man arguments to portray the other side as completely illegitamite, and it makes little sense to fall into those traps.

Comment

Your wording is overly vague. What is 'it' are you referring to? The theory of evolution or comparing republican to democrat? Regarding the former, the theory of evolution has everything to do with reality; regarding the latter, you are the one that initially brought up political stance and hence foolish political football.

Comment

That's why I think the whole debate is absurd, and the way it gets thrown back and forth between religous and political lines. It's pretty bad when beliefs get in the way of facts.
                      The pundits of the far extremes use these straw man arguments to portray the other side as completely illegitamite, and it makes little sense to fall into those traps.
                      You sir, are the one that correlated left/right wing with the facts vs beliefs.

Anyways, Paris should not be at Harvard.

Comment

I made a joke and Cyg did what he does best, fall in and draw the political line. I made no reference to republican or democrat, just a dumb joke. But it seems Cyg only sees life in these 2 colors. So this is what we get...

Where did Bush tutoring your kids come into this? It was a joke, get over it...
                        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                          ...and when Toejam says you're not that bright you know you are pretty freakin' stupid.

:ROTF:
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                            Why not? Bush went to Yale...

Ouch...
                            And Kerry/Gore went to Ivy League schools, also. I fail to see the implication, then. Other than you are implying that Bush is as slutty looking as Paris Hilton...

Originally posted by imaguy2 View Post
                            Your wording is overly vague. What is 'it' are you referring to? The theory of evolution or comparing republican to democrat? Regarding the former, the theory of evolution has everything to do with reality; regarding the latter, you are the one that initially brought up political stance and hence foolish political football.
                            I was agreeing with you. I just saw this whole thing devolving into a very bad place.

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                            I made a joke and Cyg did what he does best, fall in and draw the political line. I made no reference to republican or democrat, just a dumb joke. But it seems Cyg only sees life in these 2 colors. So this is what we get...

Where did Bush tutoring your kids come into this? It was a joke, get over it...
                            Bengal, last I checked, Bush was a politician. A comment on a politician leads to politically based responses. Sorry. Were you talking about Kate Bush?

Comment

Cyg,
                              I was making the joke that Bush is as stupid as Hilton. That's all. It's like saying Bush has an ugly tie on, or Bush has a lame haircut, or has big ears. It has nothing to do with politics. Nothing at all. It's just a stupid joke about his smarts. I've even heard Republicans make fun of him for that. It wouldn't be so funny if the guy could speak proper english. He makes these jokes possible...

But you love to inject politics into just about everything so I expect nothing less...

You should try looking at stuff without the political glasses. Makes jokes more fun...
                              Last edited by Bengal; 01-11-2008, 01:37 AM.
                              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X