Michael Schenker @ Limelight in Crewe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Schenker @ Limelight in Crewe

Anyone going to see Schenker tomorrow (Friday) at the Limelight in Crewe?

Originally posted by SEAN RAF View Post
    Anyone going to see Schenker tomorrow (Friday) at the Limelight in Crewe?
    Didn't even know he was touring, is he sober?
    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I only found out about it on Thursday afternoon...as for him being sober...?

I saw him twice last year and he was shockingly bad. Saw him in 2006 and he was shockingly good...he's due to be brilliant again...

Comment

I wouldn't buy tickets for anything at all with him on it 'till it was proven he had cleaned up after seeing that horrible video of him drunk.
        I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

I know what you mean, witnessing Schenker pissed up has scarred me for life, I just don't want to miss out on the off chance that he plays like the hero he is.

Comment

I've seen him twice, once with UFO on the Lights Out tour opening for Rush, and once in McAuley-Schenker Group on the Save Yourself tour. Both times he was great; guess I was lucky. He WAS pounding the beers when I saw him with UFO but it didn't seem to affect him at all.

I guess we won't see him Stateside anymore since he owes his ex back child support and she manages to collect the funds whenever he does play here. Can't blame her for getting the money but DAMN!
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Well I've decided to go, leaving in an hour, just hope it's not a bad decision. Any UK JCF going? I'll be there in my Charvel T-shirt...decided against a red carnation, it's not a blind date...so say hello if you see me...though not in a suggestive way...

Comment

pls let us know how he does and how the show was.
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Fucking amazing...!!! How the fuck can anyone come back from the horror that last years shows were?

Sorry, words are failing me...Schenker is playing like his life depends on it and how most of us (covertly or overtly) wish we could.

Armed And Ready, Rock Bottom, Into The Arena, Doctor Doctor, Lights Out etc, etc...better than what's available in any recorded format.

Shit gear too - Marshall JCM 800 Dual Reverb, Dean V, Ibanez Tube Screamer...the shit one with input and output at the back, DD3, CE3 and a CryBaby...I've got better gear as test equipment in my shed.

It is all in the fingers...though not mine...

Sorry about this incoherent gushing...but...Schenker's alive...alive I tell you...

Comment

Bugger, wished I'd gone now!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I'm going to go again, possibly Manchester and Tamworth...(that's right...Tamworth!?).

Comment

Picture courtesy of my shit Motorola...Schenker tonight at the Limelight in Crewe...he shook my hand...I'm partly responsible (maybe 86%) for his heroic return to awesome greatness an' that...

Comment

Very cool, hope he get's it together and keeps it together. I've seen him twice and he was on both times. Definitely one of my faves. I recently got a copy of a show from 82 and his playing is great on it.
                          http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Schenker is playing like his life depends on it...
                            sadly, it pretty much does at this point.

he needs to earn. and he's thrown so many fans away that he has to try to win them back now.

I hope he keeps it together.
                            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I'm going to go again, possibly Manchester and Tamworth...(that's right...Tamworth!?).
                              When's he playing Manchester?

Comment

Working...
                              X