Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to see if someone has kids or not??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Jeri, you do have the right to verify an unexcused absence from work.
    I'm with you and suspect she is full of it.
    -Rick

Comment

Yikes. I could go on but I will leave it at that. Other than to say; "Good Luck"
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

The best thing you can do to protect your business is document everything, with times and dates and a log of each conversation. When the inevitable finally happens (her firing), you will be covered (hopefully).

Comment

sack her

Comment

Jeri, if you can't come up with the truth any other way, I think you have to just confront her. Her bad record has lost her the right to be treated with extra sensitivity. Tell her that. "Sorry sweetie, but this is your 4th unexcused absence. It's our policy to get some documentation, etc." If her son really did die, it will be easy for her to verify it for you, and she'll probably understand why she needs to do it. If she raises a big stink, it's because she's bluffing & wants you to back down.

Comment

Jeri, If she's an Alcoholic it will certainly not help to enable her any longer. There's a book in A.A. called the big Book and in it there's a chapter dedicated to the employer. If you suspect that this is just another episode of her drinking then you need to cut her loose and help her hit bottom. As this will be another chapter in her story. Lying about the death of a family member(if indeed it is a lie) is over the top and she should feel the repercussions of her Alcoholic behavior. Your'e never to old to get sober.

Marc

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                Jeri, if you can't come up with the truth any other way, I think you have to just confront her. Her bad record has lost her the right to be treated with extra sensitivity. Tell her that. "Sorry sweetie, but this is your 4th unexcused absence. It's our policy to get some documentation, etc." If her son really did die, it will be easy for her to verify it for you, and she'll probably understand why she needs to do it. If she raises a big stink, it's because she's bluffing & wants you to back down.
                Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                Well Jeri, you do have the right to verify an unexcused absence from work.
                I'm with you and suspect she is full of it.
                Yes, to both of these. I would suspect a death certificate is not out of the question for verification. If she can't produce one, she should be gone.

Comment

Jeri. Trying to do the right thing and giving a person an opportunity to start again is about as noble as it gets. Being shat upon is not required. I think, I know you a bit and you are a kind hearted person. However, if the person you want to help keeps sticking it to you, it's time to let her go. As long as you have tried to get verification of the death with no results, it's not you. It's her.
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Every time you think you've seen it all with employees, you find out you haven't. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Every time you think you've seen it all with employees, you find out you haven't. Thanks for the input
                      You never see it all in the hotel industry with employees.
                      From 92 to 02 I was in the industry.

Comment

Tell her you'll give her a six-pack to tell the truth. Once she admits she's lied, give her the six-pack as a being fired/going away gift.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

time to call in HR.
                          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
                            time to call in HR.
                            :ROTF: Dude, I AM HR :ROTF:. Small company, cheap boss, I am General Manager, Sales and Catering, Marketing, and desk clerk LOL

Comment

Why not have a drink with her? That could make her tell everything..
                              Check my bands!
                              www.myspace.com/magicktr
                              www.myspace.com/sinif64
                              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

how about a private investigator? just do a flat fee thingie: "i'll pay you $50 to see if this person had a son who died recently."
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Working...
                                X