Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to see if someone has kids or not??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to see if someone has kids or not??

I know, sounds strange. One of my employees claimed her son was killed this weekend (I REALLY hope that's not true), but I doubt it. I am pretty sure she doesn't have any children. She is repeatedly caught in lies, HUGE dramatic lies, and I suspect she is a binge drinker who needs some help. She's been off work/drunk for 3 days now. This happens about once a month for 4 days at a time. Each excuse is grander than the one before.
    Anyhow..can anyone point me in the right direction here??

If she is taking bereavement time and expects to get paid for it ask for a copy of the funeral program. I don't know of a way to find out if they have kids but I hope this helps.

Comment

I would ask what funeral home is handling this and where to send the flowers. Also you could ask where so that you could pay your respects. Then dial a friend.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

You've tried the obvious? Googling and such? Checking the newspapers?

Just out of curiosity, why do you care... meaning is it your job to check up on employee attendance? Are you just irritated because you DO show up? (I'm not trying to sound flippant, I'm just curious why...)

Comment

Why not just look up the local obituaries and see if there is a young boy who happens to be related to/have the same name as her?

Edit: @ JacksonDean I am opretty sure she and her husband run a hotel, erego she is the boss checking up on a flakey employee.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonDean View Post
            Just out of curiosity, why do you care... meaning is it your job to check up on employee attendance? Are you just irritated because you DO show up? (I'm not trying to sound flippant, I'm just curious why...)
            Because she's the boss and one of her employees keeps running a game on her.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

The name thing won't work nowadays.:ROTF: And, Jeri is a caring person. That's why she's concerned. I don't like smart asses.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                The name thing won't work nowadays.:ROTF: And, Jeri is a caring person. That's why she's concerned.

Well in an obituary article wouldn't they say that the deceased person was a relative of persons x, y, and z? If it says "was the son of (insert jeri's employee here)" then you know she wasnt lying.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonDean View Post
                  Just out of curiosity, why do you care... meaning is it your job to check up on employee attendance?
                  If she signs off on her time/attendance, yes it IS her job to verify it.

Sounds like you've got quite a piece of work to deal with there. I wish you luck, and hope she gets the help that it sounds like she needs.

Comment

What if he lives or lived in another state? Should Jeri demand proof? What a world. What a world.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer32390 View Post
                      Why not just look up the local obituaries and see if there is a young boy who happens to be related to/have the same name as her?

Edit: @ JacksonDean I am opretty sure she and her husband run a hotel, erego she is the boss checking up on a flakey employee.
                      Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                      Because she's the boss and one of her employees keeps running a game on her.
                      Ah, okay. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                        If she is taking bereavement time and expects to get paid for it ask for a copy of the funeral program. I don't know of a way to find out if they have kids but I hope this helps.
                        +1
                        Ask for a copy of the program.
                        As an employer, you have the right to verify the claim is legit.
                        Especially if she expects to be paid for the time missed.
                        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                          Then dial a friend.
                          Like on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? :ROTF:
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

First, her son was in Florida. No city, just Florida.

JacksonDean, yes, I am the hotel manager, and I smell BS.

I honestly belive she needs help. I also want to be careful and not set the hotel up with any liability due to my mistake.

She said Saturday that she had to fly to Florida to claim his body, and would be back Saturday night..uhm..Ok, but she NEVER went anywhere. Now she says they are just going to cremate (sp?) him and send her the ashes. Well, what about the rest of the family?? She was seen in the hotel bar Friday night drinkin margaritas, never said anything about her son. She doesn't have a cell phone, she has a room here at the hotel, and the desk clerk on duty didn't ring any calls to her. Nor did she make any long distance calls from the hotel. It just doesn't add up. What mother has NO pictures of their kids?? When I started doubting the existence of said children, I asked to see some pics, she doesn't have any. She's been incarcerated (10 flat the first time, 5 the 2nd time), I hired her from the work release program. She's 62, and she talked the owner into letting her move in when she was released. The "kids" haven't been to see her at all, she's been here for several months. One is a pilot and is too busy to stop by, and the other one lives in Japan.

She does this (I suspect) binge drinkin about once a month. The first time she said she was sick. The last time it was I worked a lot of hours and am taking off so no one has to pay any overtime (that we had to pay to another employee for working her hours anyway)..I suspect she knew this would have to be an airtight excuse, because I wrote her up last time for unexcused absences. So now it's EXTREME.

Ok so, that's the general run down.

Comment

She's obviously lying. Should be fun to take her down.

And yes, she's older than fett
                              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                              X