Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to see if someone has kids or not??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stab her!
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

...in the facial area.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
        :ROTF: Dude, I AM HR :ROTF:. Small company, cheap boss, I am General Manager, Sales and Catering, Marketing, and desk clerk LOL
        That it? Someday if you work hard, you can be the Bell Hop too!
        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Get a lawyer and get advice there... a guitar forum isnt the place to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie_van_earache View Post
            Get a lawyer and get advice there... a guitar forum isnt the place to do it.
            Ya reckon?? Geez, I never would have thought of that. C'mon bro, sometimes ya need to vent, and ya gotta admit we are some crafty fukkers..so maybe there might be some good ideas here. You'd be surprised the resources we have here.

For example, thanks to Zeegs..I'm stabbin her in the face the next time I see her..SEE?? :ROTF:

Comment

Zeegs wins for best suggestion so far. :ROTF:

Comment

dg's got it the way I think it should be.

"Prove it"
                Out Of Ideas

Comment

I think you would need to know Oklohoma laws for sure. You don't want to violate privacy or anything like that if it's protected in the private sector.

The federal laws don't protect an employee for bereavement. Plus from your job description I don't think you have over 50 employees which would give her FMLA protections, but that's for the medical care not the bereaving of death.

Probably one of the best things to do would be to ask yourself if the trouble of all this is worth her employment. Only you can answer that though. I'm glad to see that you are giving her a chance. That's very cool.

Comment

I had a similar situation with an employee a few months back. He said he had to go home early because his brother was just killed in a car accident and he would need the next two days off work. He was flaky with attendance but I never suspected that he would lie about something like this just to get a day off, and yet I had a nagging suspicion that he was in fact lying. I never asked him to prove it, but I wish I had. When I finally got sick of his crap I put him on an undesirable shift with mind-numbingly simple tasks and left him there until he quit. It was less hassle and much less paperwork. If I had gone through the official channels to release him then I would have had to waste more money and put him through the companies' life management program first to see if he improved.
                    Guitars:
                    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                    Amp:
                    VOX AD30VT

Comment

in wash. you have to be employed with the company over a year to qualify for FMLA. For us, they have to come forward with their problem before they are axed for booze or drug issues.

giving a chance is cool, but at what cost? if you suspect there is a drug / alc. you have to confront it, doc. it before any tragic issues arise. as an employer, what degree are you liable? good advice to get a lawyer, or state info. you don't want to be on a stand explaining you knew there was a problem and did nothing about it.
                      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
                        giving a chance is cool, but at what cost? if you suspect there is a drug / alc. you have to confront it, doc. it before any tragic issues arise. as an employer, what degree are you liable? good advice to get a lawyer, or state info. you don't want to be on a stand explaining you knew there was a problem and did nothing about it.
                        Im right with ya there.
                        Guitars:
                        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                        Amp:
                        VOX AD30VT

Comment

We have a grand total of 12 employees. Most "corporate" laws do not apply. This property requires almost 25-30 to run it properly, will never happen with current ownership. Aside from all that, she has a problem, that only "erupts" about once a month. I've tried to work with her, now I am only working on getting her out of here. I have documented everything. I just wish she would pay attention and straighten her self out.

Comment

If her son died and she had to travel out of state, doesn't she have to tell her parole officer?

Maybe you can get in touch with him/her to verify.
                            Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                              Ya reckon?? Geez, I never would have thought of that. C'mon bro, sometimes ya need to vent, and ya gotta admit we are some crafty fukkers..so maybe there might be some good ideas here. You'd be surprised the resources we have here.

For example, thanks to Zeegs..I'm stabbin her in the face the next time I see her..SEE?? :ROTF:
                              Maybe so...but specific HR cases shouldn't be discussed in any public forum.

Comment

Jeri, is OK a right to work state or do you have unions that run shit?
                                Here in AZ, we are a right to work state... meaning an employer can terminate you without cause.
                                -Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X