Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to see if someone has kids or not??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by livebiz View Post
    Maybe so...but specific HR cases shouldn't be discussed in any public forum.
    She might be okay because she didn't name her, but you have a point. If the 62-year-old ex-con found out Jeri was discussing her case on this board, that would be bad news for Jeri's company, and probably for Jeri as a manager.

Jeri, might be best to ask the admins to delete this thread just to be on the safe side.... you have to be careful about such things. You don't want to be the one losing your job over this.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

First, the alkie ho would have to prove that she was the subject of this thread. This board is under no obligation to provide user account info under the privacy act except in cases such as terrorism or piracy.

I hate to say kick a 62 year old out of a job, but she sounds like she's well on her way to that great bar downstairs. If her drunken state causes trouble for the hotel (theft of company or guest $$ or property to pay for booze) then the hotel is liable. If the owners are truly skinflint bastards, that means Jeri gets the bill and blame.

Of course, the apple never falls far from the tree, so in the event she croaks on the property, one of her sons could show up and sue the hotel over it.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
        We have a grand total of 12 employees. Most "corporate" laws do not apply. This property requires almost 25-30 to run it properly, will never happen with current ownership. Aside from all that, she has a problem, that only "erupts" about once a month. I've tried to work with her, now I am only working on getting her out of here. I have documented everything. I just wish she would pay attention and straighten her self out.
        Just ask her to verify the death certificate. There is no friendship here between the 2 of you. She will know you mean business. If that does not straighten her out then out the door she goes. You have every right as an employer to verify any paid time off that is unscheduled. It may sound cold but she has played you before so there is no trust there and she needs to know that. Tell her you are sorry for her loss but due to previous issues with her unscheduled tardiness and absences you have been instructed by upper management to be expecting verification if she plans to take time off. Tell her that if she cannot verify the need for the time off then she could face suspension or even termination of employment. Lying to your boss to have time off to hide a drug/alcohol addiction is serious. Done.
        Last edited by Firebird V; 01-15-2008, 11:15 AM.

Comment

At my company you need to produce a death certificate or obituary within 48 hours after taking bereavement leave. We get one day for grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins and three days for parents/spouse/children/siblings.

If she can't produce evidence, I think firing her is justified, what with her history of flaky excuses.
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by UFORocks View Post
            When I finally got sick of his crap I put him on an undesirable shift with mind-numbingly simple tasks and left him there until he quit. It was less hassle and much less paperwork. If I had gone through the official channels to release him then I would have had to waste more money and put him through the companies' life management program first to see if he improved.
            That is called constructive discharge and is very risky.

Comment

Im sure she is lying. Im also sure if you stab her in the face you wont have the issue anymore. Im also sure that if you wait until she is on the clock and then demand a drug test or a breathalizer she will fail. Being wasted on the job is a perfectly good reason to fire someone. If you do stab her in the face though remember to take the body to a swamp with gators. They will eat the evidence. Muahhhhahahaha

Comment

Call her P.O.
                "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

If you knew where the services were going to be held, I would ask for the address of the funeral home to send flowers. Check on it yourself.

-Nate
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
                    Im sure she is lying. Im also sure if you stab her in the face you wont have the issue anymore. Im also sure that if you wait until she is on the clock and then demand a drug test or a breathalizer she will fail. Being wasted on the job is a perfectly good reason to fire someone. If you do stab her in the face though remember to take the body to a swamp with gators. They will eat the evidence. Muahhhhahahaha
                    Last time I was in OK, they were decidedly short on swamps and gators. :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      First, the alkie ho would have to prove that she was the subject of this thread. This board is under no obligation to provide user account info under the privacy act except in cases such as terrorism or piracy.

I hate to say kick a 62 year old out of a job, but she sounds like she's well on her way to that great bar downstairs. If her drunken state causes trouble for the hotel (theft of company or guest $$ or property to pay for booze) then the hotel is liable. If the owners are truly skinflint bastards, that means Jeri gets the bill and blame.

Of course, the apple never falls far from the tree, so in the event she croaks on the property, one of her sons could show up and sue the hotel over it.
                      Yeah, with a grand total of 12 employees, I'm sure there are any number of 62-year-old female alcoholics who've done one 10-year stretch and another 5-year stretch in prison, who also happen to live at the hotel! :ROTF:
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonDean View Post
                        Last time I was in OK, they were decidedly short on swamps and gators. :ROTF:
                        Yes I am well aware of that fact but Louisiana isnt that far now is it?

Comment

Yes I am well aware of that fact but Louisiana isnt that far now is it?
                          It's pretty damn far to drive with a body in the trunk!:ROTF:
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                            It's pretty damn far to drive with a body in the trunk!:ROTF:
                            nahhhman its winter and cold it'll stay fresh.
                            If not then just add a few bags of ice and watch your speed
                            The gators will handle the rest

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                              I would ask what funeral home is handling this and where to send the flowers. Also you could ask where so that you could pay your respects. Then dial a friend.
                              Originally posted by nateb View Post
                              If you knew where the services were going to be held, I would ask for the address of the funeral home to send flowers. Check on it yourself.

-Nate
                              Thank for reading the whole thread, Nate. Is there an echo in here?:ROTF:
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

nahhhman its winter and cold it'll stay fresh.
                                If not then just add a few bags of ice and watch your speed
                                The gators will handle the rest
                                That's some funny shit. Sick, but funny and true none the less.:ROTF:
                                The Buzzard does not fear
                                The man in riot gear
                                Harvest a skull of stone
                                The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Working...
                                X