Thames / BBC show from the 1980's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thames / BBC show from the 1980's

Alright this may be pretty obscure I don't know.

Back in the 1980's there was a television program played in Livermore California on some public access station (maybe even UHF who knows at this point)

The premis was there were this people (I believe all teenagers) who had the power to travel from place to place in a blink of an eye. At first they have this big belt things to help focus their power later on they had wrist watch sort of things that did it. I can't remember if they could communicate through them as well. They also had this weird computer AI thing (if I remember right) that was this large half globe coming out of the ceiling.

The only episode i remember clearly is one where there was a drum and it was able to summon the devil or something like that (Alright so i don't remember it THAT clearly)

Anyway, since there's a lot of people on here from the UK I was curious if anyone had a clue what this show was called? Could you let me know?

Thanks
    -Jerry
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Tomorrow's People...? The Tomorrow People...?

Comment

I lived there in the "80's and I kinda remember it. I'll search around.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

The computer was called TIM

Comment

That's it! The Tomorrow People!!!

Thank you all for your help! Now to go to netflix and update my queue with cheesy goodness

thanks to everyone again
          In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I have vague recollections of that, but I was a mere lad.
            Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Nevermind.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I think I remember seeing an episode of that when I was a kid. I used to to sit with my grandfather and watch Faulty Towers & Benny Hill.
                My Toys:
                '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                '94 Dinky HX in Black
                '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Yep, it was The Tomorrow People. Strangely, as a SciFi mad kid in the 70's I hated it...
                  http://www.thetomorrowpeople.com/

Comment

My first thought was Power Rangers
                    Stringed things:
                    Charvel Model 4
                    Charvel NOS Star
                    Gibson SG Special

Comment

so you guys aren't talking about Metal Mickey then?
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOiVXMcWHrw
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

I remember that show. Their belt/wrist units were huge metal boxes with a chicken-head knob, right? Funny stuff there
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

While Everyone's in the "Look Up Cheesy 80s TV Shows" Mode...

While everyone's in the Look-Up-Cheesy-80's-TV-Shows Mode, I've been trying to remember for a couple of years the name of a TV show I used to watch when I was a kid.

It was similar to GI Joe, but took place in some more futuristic time. For some reason, they couldn't touch the ground with the exception of these mountain crags and stuff. Everyone traveled around on these zip line sort of things.

That's about all I remember.

Is there any hope?

Comment

Theres a site retro cartoons, or tv shows, or something that has details and intro's to the tv shows from 70's 80's and 90's and more recent...

For fans of Brittish stuff and scifi you may or may not like Garth merhingi's dark places, it's a satirical scifi horror comedy that's meant to look like a cheesy 80's tv show, it does it quite well too...

And more recently hyperdrive set in the future similar to red dwarf and a hint of office esque humour starrring nick frost from shaun of the dead, and hot fuzz.

I saw a look back tv special and everyone was saying how cheesy tomorrow's people was, then they showed clip's...

thats brittish 70's programming for you...

Comment

Originally posted by ozzuk1 View Post
                              For fans of Brittish stuff and scifi you may or may not like Garth merhingi's dark places, it's a satirical scifi horror comedy that's meant to look like a cheesy 80's tv show, it does it quite well too...
                              I don't mind that. I like the whole "this show was so groundbreaking they locked it in a vault for 25 years" thing. The catch the cheesy vibe really well. And I like the rapid-fire edits they have to use to get some sort of cohesive performance out of the non-acting Chief of Hospital
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X