dime in GW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dime in GW

for you Dimebag fans, Guitar World has Dime featured on the cover and an interesting story about his beginings to his end.
    ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

yeah, that was some very cool info.

Comment

It came in the mail the other day. I don't know why I'm not getting the cd with my magazines though.

Pretty sad Vinnie and Rita have to blame Phil for Dime's death. I don't wanna open a can of worms but they really need to grow up and quit placing blame where it doesn't belong. The only one guilty was the shooter, noone else.
      I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by cdwillis View Post
        Pretty sad Vinnie and Rita have to blame Phil for Dime's death. I don't wanna open a can of worms but they really need to grow up and quit placing blame where it doesn't belong. The only one guilty was the shooter, noone else.
        Oh the drama! Perhaps they're compensating for the gravy train they ride?

RIP DIME!

Comment

Ooh, ooh, is Zakk in it this month?

Comment

It came in the mail the other day. I don't know why I'm not getting the cd with my magazines though.

You know, we lost an artist we liked. Rita lost the love of her life and Vinnie lost his brother. They're entitled to resent Phil even though he didn't directly cause Dime's death.

But when she says Phil caused the demise of Pantera, she's absolutely right. When she says if not for the demise of Pantera, dime would've been playing arenas instead of little dive bars, she's right about that too.

So when she says Phil put Dime into a position to be shot on a stage in a shithole bar, she is correct about that.

Nathan Gale was the shooter, but the demise of Pantera was what set him off. and he apparently identified with Phil, since he blamed dime for the breakup and seemed to think that he wrote Pantera's lyrics.

We will never know if Phil's Metal Hammer interview inspired Gale to kill Dime. The timing was sure fucked up though, considering the things he said about hurting and killing Dime, and that his (Phil's) fans would do whatever he told them to do.

Since we don't know that, we can't blame Phil. If it was known that Nathan Gale killed Dime because of Phil's interview though, then Phil would indeed hold some blame for inciting the guy. Phil has some volatile fans, to say the least.

So with all of that, I don't blame Rita or Vinnie in the least for the way they see it. They have a right to resent Phil for life for the things we know he did and said.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

You could just as easily say Ace Frehley caused Dime's death. If Dime didn't love Ace so much, he may have never picked up the guitar, and therefore would have never been on stage in a position to get shot. Or that Paul McCartney was responsible for John Lennon's death.
              EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

There are a lot of sad and bad feelings coming from all these folks (Dime's family, phil, etc) and it takes time to sort those out. At the end of the day, what happened in ohio was a sad event that never should have happened that way

Comment

Originally posted by drockilles View Post
                  You could just as easily say Ace Frehley caused Dime's death. If Dime didn't love Ace so much, he may have never picked up the guitar, and therefore would have never been on stage in a position to get shot. Or that Paul McCartney was responsible for John Lennon's death.
                  There's a bit closer and more definite link between Dime and Phil than Dime and Ace. And as far as I know, Ace never wished harm or death on Dime in print 2 weeks before he died. So your analogy fails.

But my point here is more that nobody has any business judging Rita or Vinnie in this situation when we're just basically disinterested onlookers, while they lost the most important person in their lives.
                  Last edited by lerxstcat; 01-16-2008, 01:24 PM.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I personally don't get why a guitar mag would post interviews like that. Just let it rest. I'm guessing people suffered enough. This is just wrong to me. I don't buy guitar mags to see this bullshit. Just let him rest.

Comment

I hope it doesent get beaten like the dead horse of princess diana...

They also wouldnt have been playing a crappy bar if more poeple bought the damageplan cd before he was shot...

But people didnt like dp as much as pantera...

I thought it was great they banned him from taht young gutiarist competition cause he won a few times in a row...

Comment

Originally posted by pott View Post
                        I personally don't get why a guitar mag would post interviews like that. Just let it rest. I'm guessing people suffered enough. This is just wrong to me. I don't buy guitar mags to see this bullshit. Just let him rest.
                        Well said! I loved Dime & miss him, but this just smacks of profiteering more than being a tribute, just like the last RR issue with all the Kelly Garni & Rudy Sarzo insider dirt. They need new material for each issue they put out on these guys, and the taste level is heading south fast, imo. Hell, if just a few more guys die in their prime, they'll have all of their cover stories locked up for each year. Dime, RR, Jimi, Cobain, SRV, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                          You know, we lost an artist we liked. Rita lost the love of her life and Vinnie lost his brother. They're entitled to resent Phil even though he didn't directly cause Dime's death.

But when she says Phil caused the demise of Pantera, she's absolutely right. When she says if not for the demise of Pantera, dime would've been playing arenas instead of little dive bars, she's right about that too.

So when she says Phil put Dime into a position to be shot on a stage in a shithole bar, she is correct about that.

Nathan Gale was the shooter, but the demise of Pantera was what set him off. and he apparently identified with Phil, since he blamed dime for the breakup and seemed to think that he wrote Pantera's lyrics.

We will never know if Phil's Metal Hammer interview inspired Gale to kill Dime. The timing was sure fucked up though, considering the things he said about hurting and killing Dime, and that his (Phil's) fans would do whatever he told them to do.

Since we don't know that, we can't blame Phil. If it was known that Nathan Gale killed Dime because of Phil's interview though, then Phil would indeed hold some blame for inciting the guy. Phil has some volatile fans, to say the least.

So with all of that, I don't blame Rita or Vinnie in the least for the way they see it. They have a right to resent Phil for life for the things we know he did and said.
                          I don't feel like they're entitled to resent Phil for Dime's death. The breakup of Pantera sure but not that asshole killing Dime. Do they even know that the shooter read any of those interviews with Phil?
                          I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't feel like they're entitled to resent Phil for Dime's death. The breakup of Pantera sure but not that asshole killing Dime. Do they even know that the shooter read any of those interviews with Phil?
                            Last i heard we were living in a free country...anyone is entitled to resent anyone for anything.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Did you have a Guitar One subscription as well? When that publication folded into Guitar World, they told you that because you had an existing Guitar One subscription, they would simply extend your Guitar World subscription. Fair enough...

Except those dumb asses extend your subscription with the non-CD version... even though you had a CD subscription. The mouth breather in customer service that I was talking to couldn't figure out why i might be annoyed.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Working...
                              X