Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 hours in the rain getting my friend out of the mud. (Picture)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 hours in the rain getting my friend out of the mud. (Picture)

Wow, what a night. Anyone living in Southern California is probably huddled up into their house right now as it pours bloody hell outside.

Not me and a bunch of my friends, we saw this as a prime opportunity to take our trucks and cars, and just decide to do some old fashion dumbass teenager bullshit.

First, it was just 3 trucks driving around, just getting sideways in the rain, going through puddles, and doing a little bit of urban offroading. My friend had a brilliant idea of going through this thick ass mud in a construction zone, with his Chevy Blazer (2WD). He gets stuck...About 5-10 minutes later he just rolls out, he wasn't stuck too bad, he got out, long story short..

Then later, we were all chiling and invited a few people to come along with us to go for round 2... Now we have 5 trucks (Chevy S-10, Chevy Blazer, Toyota Tacoma, Dodge Ram, and a GMC Van).. We decide to go back the same route as we came, and about 10 minutes into driving around, my firend in the blazer (Who got stuck last time) decides to go back to where he got stuck, and go further... On his way out, he gets stuck..Deep, his car starts to sink, and he's about 1" from the curb... So we're all sitting there pushing for about an hour, doing whatever we could to try to get him out. We eventually decide that pushing isn't going to do shit. Me and this dude got in my truck and drove around to find some sand bags or something, anything to give him some sort of traction. Bypass another hour of sitting in the rain pushing again, and trying to pull him out with a rope..Nothing happened. Eventually people start to leave and it's now 3 trucks. Me and my buddy that's stuck got in his truck and went to his friends house to get some sort of chain to pull him out, we get the chain, go back, now it's just him and I...Waiting around for about 30 minutes in the fucking rain and the chain won't fit on my truck to pull him out...We're just sitting there now, and some huge F-250 Super Duty truck happens to drive by, ask us if we needed help, he goes back to his house and gets some tow rope... and he gets out...

I lost my shoes in the mud, my clothes are completely muddy, and it was just one hell of a fucking night. To anyone that decides to go off roading in 2 foot mud, when it's raining like hell....Make sure you have 4WD, and a big fucking truck to pull you out.

Picture :

Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

ahahaha nice

Comment

Don't waste your fuel. Your soldiers are fighting for it in Iraq. Seriously.

Otherwise, well done.
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
        Common man, why bring this shit up here. What's the point?

He's just telling a story, no need to mix up politics.
        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
          Common man, why bring this shit up here. What's the point?

He's just telling a story, no need to mix up politics.

Alright. But I would not go out when it rains like that. You can always confront a spitting dinosaur like the one in Jurassic Park , in such weather.
          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Glad you got it out. Sometimes your jack can get you out of those types of jams, as long as you're pretty close to firm ground and there's something solid like lumber, branches, or gravel to put under the tires. Not saying that would've definitely worked for you, but it's always worth a try if you don't have a tow.

The tightest spot I've ever been in was in highschool, 4-wheeling with a couple of friends on some sandflats at 1 AM. There was a narrow 30ft wide stretch of beach between the water & a big dune that we had gotten through a few times, but we misjudged the incoming tide and got stuck. We were completely fucked, all alone in the pre-cellphone days, and the water was rising fast. Luckily somebody came along to yank us out. They said they had gotten stuck in the same spot a few weeks before & just figured they'd check the area out on the way home from a party. Pure luck. That was the last time we went 4-wheeling alone & without a winch.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
              hahah wtf?? they're not even fighting a war anymore lol

Comment

So your friend usually goes 4-wheelin with 2WD? I surprised he didn't get stuck the first time! Even 4WD in slick mud can be a prob.
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

You need to come up here... local redneck sports park that hosts Demo Derbys (which I enjoy :d ) Monster Truck stuff, and Mud Bogs will let you in the mud bog as long as you have a 4x4. But yeah, funny story!

Comment

You crazy Californians, a few drops of rain and you go mental. (Mind you, we are kinda the same and go crazy if the sun shines for more than 2 days in a row)

Next time, buy a Land Rover. And make sure your mates have one too, with a winch.
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Yeah, that's a good plan...with LR's poor reliability record, they'll get stuck on OR off road!

Although with those Chevy & Dodge models mentioned above, Jackson Shred's goofy friends are probably used to that hahahhaha
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        Yeah, that's a good plan...with LR's poor reliability record, they'll get stuck on OR off road!
                        You have got to be kidding! Land Rovers are THE tool for off-roading, and always have been.

I do mean proper Landies though, not Freelanders or Discoveries.
                        Discos are OK really but need a few tweaks and mods to be any good, whereas a Freelander shouldn't be taken onto a grass verge.
                        It does help if you know how to drive off-road and don't try to do it Hollywood-style.
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                          You have got to be kidding! Land Rovers are THE tool for off-roading, and always have been.

I do mean proper Landies though, not Freelanders or Discoveries.
                          Discos are OK really but need a few tweaks and mods to be any good, whereas a Freelander shouldn't be taken onto a grass verge.
                          It does help if you know how to drive off-road and don't try to do it Hollywood-style.
                          Yeah, a lot of people don't understand the concept of off roading..You need to keep your speed at a steady pace. My friend decided to "drift" in the mud.

Funny night, I'm glad it made a good story though.
                          Originally posted by horns666
                          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Land Rover...

Comment

oh fuck, in college my best friend and I got a 69 ford falcon stuck in 2' deep mud in a farmers field at like 2 am all drunk on bud tallboys. yeah I was driving.

we had to hike home about 3 miles across rural PA, and then the next AM, had to go tell the farmer we were stuck and own up, it was classic. he tried to guilt trip us but there was nothing planted there at the moment so we were good that way. the tow truck had to winch the car out of the middle of the field and there were all these hayseeds on their ATVs watching.
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                              X