Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Joys of living in a place called Saskatchewan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Joys of living in a place called Saskatchewan...

right now the current temperature is -46 with the windchill and tomorrow night they are forecasting -52 with the wind....

Windchill sets in seconds.....

IT really truly does suck, and for the most part, many things shut down, as its not safe to travel or go anywhere. Animals dying, sitting in your house for days at a time unable to work....

Ahh the joys. Although after hearing about all these floods and droughts in the USA, it seems this whole continent is dealing with crazy weather....

You literally can't work? Does it apply for a lot of people? I mean, what happens when you go out of food and need to go to the supermarket?
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

It's pretty bad here too. They didn't cancel the buses or school, but I kept the kids home today anyways. -42 is to freakin cold to walk to the bus stop.
      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

WOW! I sure don't envy you boys up there. Take care, build a fire, and keep warm. That's frickin' cold!

Comment

Gotta love the winter...

Yesterday in Iowa it was 53 degrees. Today, the low is 0. Talk about a shift...

I know what you mean about an active winter. Normally from December 1st to now, Iowa usually has 14" of snow. This year we have 26" in that time span. Very active around here too...

Where is that global warming Gore promised us? I bought a new swimsuit...
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

More of the same here in Ontario too......hibernation time.....
            I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

Same in Alberta the last two days...but Chinook winds are on the way..supposed to be on the plus side again by Friday!

Comment

Go out and play some Hockey you Canadians

Comment

36 last night In Los Gatos, CA. Almost considered putting on pants.

-Nate
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I'm reading Call of the Wild to my son, the story talks about covering 30 to 60 miles of Yukon trail per day in worse weather. One guy runs while the other manages the sled and they trade-off of course. Can you imagine going out for a 15 to 30 mile run everyday, in snowshoes half the time, and then sleeping outside? The trail from Skagway to Dawson was roughly 500 miles I think. I don't know how they did it.

Comment

Don't know how they did it either..it's a tough enough drive!

Comment

11 Celcius here in central Japan. Luddites in America and the UK, he is taking Celicus, not Fahrenheit. I once saw a kid shatter his balls with a ball peen hammer after losing out on a game of road hockey in -34C. They shattered like widdle tiny Christmas ornamnents. Damn cold.

Comment

Working...
                        X