Battle of the Websites Band Fantasy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of the Websites Band Fantasy

I had a pipe dream, and I don't even indulge...

What if we could take our best members, and create a "chain song"?
    Take the best writer, come up with something original, then turn it over to
    the best drummer, bassist, rhythm, lead, then vocalist...

Bump it up by transferring the tracks (mp3 or wav) between the members who want to contribute to the project.

Then, challenge other like websites to do the same. Jemsite, Shred.com, Dean, etc.

Flaky idea? I don't know. Something positive to do? I think it would rock.

Work out details, then make a battle of the bands to be judged...somehow.

There's no way we could ever choose our best lead player

Comment

Sounds like a plan to me, but it's wide open to cheating.

You'd have people bringing in "friends" that were in professional bands joining up, and their one post would be for that.

You'd have to set a few ground rules, such as 'must be a member of the participating board for more than 1 year, AND must be a "regular member" ' - none of this "oh I know so-and-so from big-name professional band, he'll help out" or "yeah I'm a big-name guy but I pop in from time to time between touring and recording". It's gotta be regular working shmucks like what we have here.

For those in working bands (non-signed), no more than one band member - can't have your drummer AND bassist AND singer.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Sounds like a pain in the ass...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

We can't manage to agree on weather the damn plane will fly or not, how in the hell would we accomplish this??

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
            We can't manage to agree on weather the damn plane will fly or not, how in the hell would we accomplish this??

Sounds a little like the JCF Jam we had a couple of years back. That was fun! But the really difficult thing would be how to judge the results.

Comment

Yeah it would be damn near impossible to judge a winner as every forum would say they had the best song and the judging would be based solely on the winners oppinion. would be fun to do though.

Comment

Hmm. If you could set up a open vote somehow, it could be done.
                "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

I hate stupid people.

http://www.myspace.com/28wicked

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                  There's no way we could ever choose our best lead player
                  Very true. There's a lot of badass shredders on this board.
                  THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Ok, then,leave out the competition part.

Player one has an idea, but for some reason or another doesn't have everything it
                    takes to do the whole project. Pass the ball to any volunteer that wants to contribute.

Post the results. See where it gets picked up. Eventually something will rise to the top.

It will either turn into the worst project by commitee, or I'm thinking the best of our talent. I don't care who's a pro, and who's not. It's about the project.

Comment

I really enjoyed taking part in one of the JCF Jams a long time ago. My solo was not so good but it was interesting to hear the different personalities. Even more interesting was that my girlfriend (who does not have an ear for guitarists) was easily able to tell which part was me from the tone.

It would be fun to do something like Hear N' Aid - even a cover of Stars would be cool

Comment

The Jams have always been awesome!!

Comment

So, this has been done before...
                          How long ago was this? Are there MP3's around?

Comment

Almost 2 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
                              I really enjoyed taking part in one of the JCF Jams a long time ago. My solo was not so good but it was interesting to hear the different personalities. Even more interesting was that my girlfriend (who does not have an ear for guitarists) was easily able to tell which part was me from the tone.

It would be fun to do something like Hear N' Aid - even a cover of Stars would be cool
                              It's funny you should mention that. A bunch of us over at the ADADepot are doing that. Started off with regular drum samples (DFH) but expanded into a full-on internet/studio project with a real drummer and real singers (though the singers haven't come through - a couple of them are "names", as I understand it).

I'd definitely be willing to do a JCF version of the Stars project as well.

How about that Earthquake Album? The one that had a bunch of different guys doing Smoke On The Water solos for the Armenian Earthquake Relief years ago. I finally found that CD a couple years ago and it's got everyone on it - can't find it now, but I'm pretty sure it's got George Lynch, Steve Morse, and a ton of others.

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X