No announcement yet.

I'm using Modzilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Judas Priest's Cyberface attacked your computer.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I'm fukked. I don't know anything about why I have been FORBIDDEN. And I miss the days of Rollie Fingers.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

fett, I would start with Windows updates.
        If you haven't done it, it may take a while.
        The process will also detect any malware, spyware, etc.

Go to Microsoft.com and select your operating system.
        After that, you can restore your IE, if necessary. I did it
        and it upgraded my IE, even though I didn't want it to.

I use Mozilla Firefox, but sometimes have to use IE on some sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
          fett, I would start with Windows updates.
          If you haven't done it, it may take a while.
          The process will also detect any malware, spyware, etc.

Go to Microsoft.com and select your operating system.
          After that, you can restore your IE, if necessary. I did it
          and it upgraded my IE, even though I didn't want it to.

I use Mozilla Firefox, but sometimes have to use IE on some sites.
          Assuming he's using a legal version of Windows that is. Also I wasn't aware that simply running an update would actively search for malware and spyware unless they have drastically changed the way Windows Update works since I last used it a while ago. I thought for that you would need run Windows Defender or AdAware and the likes to find this type of infection.

Fett has also not answered my question of if he has any anti-virus software installed and if he does is it kept up to date with the latest updates. I suspect it's not. I wouldn't even begin to try and solve this issue without knowing the answer to that question. If there's a virus then no matter what you do to the PC it's not going to get better without cleaning that infection.

Fett if you don't know, you should find out. It's not hard, looks for software on your system with names such as Symantec, McAffe, AVG etc.

Also a quick trawl of Google for Modzilla would lead me to question where exactly did you download your shiny new browser from Fett? Was it directly from the Mozilla foundation website (www.mozilla.com) or from somewhere else.
          Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

There is a recent update that fixes a crashing issue with IE. Also the Malicious Software Removal tool works good.

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
              I wasn't aware that simply running an update would actively search for malware and spyware
              Yeah they've had that in there for over a year now They call it the Windows Malware Removal Tool or something like that.

Fett: go to windowsupdate.microsoft.com using IE and install any critical updates it finds. If IE won't go there, then download Ad-Aware (www.lavasoft.com) and Spybot (www.safer-networking.org) and run both of them to clean up any spyware. After they run, reboot and run them again. Now see if IE works. If it still doesn't, let us know and we can help you further.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                Yeah they've had that in there for over a year now They call it the Windows Malware Removal Tool or something like that.

Fett: go to windowsupdate.microsoft.com using IE and install any critical updates it finds. If IE won't go there, then download Ad-Aware (www.lavasoft.com) and Spybot (www.safer-networking.org) and run both of them to clean up any spyware. After they run, reboot and run them again. Now see if IE works. If it still doesn't, let us know and we can help you further.
                As far as I can tell, he's going to have to use Mozilla to get to the MS site.
                It should work. I update mine while using Mozilla.

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post

Just goes to show how little I use windows these days. Reminds me why I changed to OS X though.
                  Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I'm starting to think fett is a drive-by questioner.

Many questions, but doesn't usually come back with whatever happened.

So, did you do the update, fett?

Comment

Yeah. I found what version I had; went to the site; started the installation; was doing fine for about 10 minutes and then it tells me I have to do something. Update some shit. I tried to find out where and couldn't. I took a break and went to the store. I came back and there was a Icon for IE. So I press and it starts deleting files. I was so close. I will try again later. I may just borrow my dau-in-laws phone and call the bastards up.

Comment

I'm trying. Really I am.

Comment

It started deleting files? Are you sure?
                          Scott

Comment

Mozilla sucks big wind. The list of why I hate it is a long one. I tried to get IE back but to no avail, so far. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks for your tips but I keep getting a "do this and do that" and I do and it still won't work.

Comment

Fett, you can always try Opera (http://www.opera.com/) if you don't like Mozilla. And just out of curiosity, have you tried redownloading IE7? (Or whatever IE you were using)?

Comment

I tried the IE7 download. It's still dicking me.

Comment

Working...
                                X