No announcement yet.

I got a PM I will never forget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right on fett!!!! You are correct about how we can influence others and be positive or negative role models. Glad you got your due!

Marc

Comment

I'm just so amazed about the PM. Hard feelings? Never Pushed out of shape? Sometimes.:ROTF: But not today.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I've gotten PMs before from people who never post on the board, but just lurk. That makes you realize that it's not just a few of us shooting the shit like it seems most of the time. That's cool that you had a positive impact, Fett, and that they let you know. I've had people tell me that there's no such thing as a real online community, but I know better.

Comment

So do I. And that makes all the difference in the world. Talking real guitars with real people.

Comment

Hmm, I've had a memorable PM or two, and I'd just like to state, in public, that it is physically impossible to do what has been suggested, and even if it were, it would be most unhygeinic, however much Swarfega was involved.
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

"POOP"

Comment

Maybe this is more appropriate.
                "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                  I've gotten PMs before from people who never post on the board, but just lurk. That makes you realize that it's not just a few of us shooting the shit like it seems most of the time. That's cool that you had a positive impact, Fett, and that they let you know. I've had people tell me that there's no such thing as a real online community, but I know better.
                  I've had the same. I'm just some schmo who's picked up a trivial tidbit or two about some guitar stuff, but it's flattering to think that some would look to me for advice about their gear.....or anything for that matter.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Ofcourse people look up to you guys. Most people don't join forums just to be aholes. We come to read and learn what we can and for the friendship with other players. You guys rule incase you didn't know that.
                    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

I hate stupid people.

http://www.myspace.com/28wicked

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                      I've had the same. I'm just some schmo who's picked up a trivial tidbit or two about some guitar stuff, but it's flattering to think that some would look to me for advice about their gear.....or anything for that matter.
                      Uhm..no, that's scary!! :ROTF: J/K bro..you're a lot of help around here..ok, that's funny too..sorry. I'm trying.
                      Luv ya G

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                        Uhm..no, that's scary!! :ROTF: J/K bro..you're a lot of help around here..ok, that's funny too..sorry. I'm trying.
                        Luv ya G
                        right. I'm making a note on my records here. That's one, Jeri. Big black mark on your file.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonchick View Post
                          Most people don't join forums just to be aholes.

Indeed. I am perfectly capable of being one of those ANYWHERE!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

What's the point? It seems that being on the Web for some is a license to do what you would not do face to face. Maybe, the Web is a place to vent or reveal your real feelings without having to own up to it in person. My "Presence" on the Web is ME. I don't pretend. I treat the Web as just another place to interact. Just like I do in the real world. I am so very old. But, damnit, I'm right.

Comment

No you're not. The web is where I'm a 16 year old girl, or is that a 36 year old man?
                              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Perhaps you are a 36 year old man trapped inside a 16 year old girl?

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                                X