Saw Velvet Revolver monday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Velvet Revolver monday...

And man, what a train wreck and a half. They started an hour and a half late, come out, wieland is nowhere, duff is singing. 2nd song, 5 minute blues jam/ slash solo. Finally wieland comes out, no one in the band even acnowledges his presence, and slash didnt the whole night. Sounded like shit the first few songs, and rambled semi-incoherently between songs. Id suggest seeing them, if only for the fact that this is probably their last tour. Hes obviously waaaay back on the junk again.

Overall, since the band sounded decent, id give it a 6/10
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

That is to bad, I saw them about 2 yrs ago and they really kicked ass.
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

Saw them in December with AIC and they kicked ass, but AIC ruled. Weiland was due in court the next day for another Drunk Charge, so maybe he was keeping it together that night.
      Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Its ashame Weiland seems to be drinking himself off into oblivion to the point it hurts their shows. I have read several reviews from the AIC tour that said they were kind of inconsistent.

Comment

i saw them when they first toured years ago and they were awesome. my bro saw them last year and he said they were great too..... must have been lucky...

Comment

I read that Stone Temple Pilots are reuniting and that Weiland is on board with it. He probably doesn't have the heart to go out with VR anymore.

Comment

Weiland is a crap singer anyway. They could have got a way better singer than him, and someone that wasn't a total junkie.
              I'd suggest Sebastian Bach, but he's a bit of a tool as well.

Slash and Duff must like singers who're a liability. It's time they got Izzy back on board and find someone who can just sing a decent rock and roll tune without any rock star bullshit. It's such a shame two guys like Slash and Duff have released so little quality albums.
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I don't think STP would reunite. The guitarist, bass player, and drummer are touring with the guy from Filter in Army of Anyone. I think Weiland was smashed and there is a bti of tension, hence Slash and the others ignoring him.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                  Slash and Duff must like singers who're a liability. It's time they got Izzy back on board and find someone who can just sing a decent rock and roll tune without any rock star bullshit. It's such a shame two guys like Slash and Duff have released so little quality albums.
                  They could let Izzy sing. I saw GnR open for the Crue back in the day at the old OMNI in Atlanta. This was the night that Axl jumped off the stage to fight with a security guard. The band finished the set doing some jams and Stones covers, which Izzy sang.
                  MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Army of Anyone kicks ass
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson View Post
                      They could let Izzy sing. I saw GnR open for the Crue back in the day at the old OMNI in Atlanta. This was the night that Axl jumped off the stage to fight with a security guard. The band finished the set doing some jams and Stones covers, which Izzy sang.

He's a decent singer, I have some of his solo albums and the songs he did on Use Your Illusion 1 were some of the best on those two albums. But he's not exactly a frontman.
                      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

They could have got a way better singer than him, and someone that wasn't a total junkie.
                        I'd suggest Sebastian Bach, but he's a bit of a tool as well.
                        agree 100%, I really hope they sling out that knob end and carry on with someone who isn't jumping up and down on the self destruct button.

according to Slash's book they were pretty close to hiring Seb, but apparently the band sounded too much like skid roses.

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                          And man, what a train wreck and a half. They started an hour and a half late, come out, wieland is nowhere, duff is singing. 2nd song, 5 minute blues jam/ slash solo. Finally wieland comes out, no one in the band even acnowledges his presence, and slash didnt the whole night.
                          Maybe they're doing a nostalgia thing and want Scott to act just like Axl. :ROTF:
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

no one can act like Axl, and you need something stronger than lousy drugs to come even close
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

That is a complete understatement. Where can they get a frontman that can front who can hold it together.
                              What's Roth doing after the VH tour I wonder....There's something I'd pay to see.
                              When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Working...
                              X