No announcement yet.

Congress To Look Into Spygate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I listened to SB 1 on the radio. And I watched a lot of them since then. But, I refuse to listen to or watch the commercials. God, what happened?
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

bow wow!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph E. View Post
          Are we so numb that integrity, history, and professionalism mean nothing anymore?
          Its not being dums. Its making everything gray. No moral judgements. If it feels good and no one gets hurt why shouldnt we be allowed to do it. Its that attitude that causes the apathy when these over paid sports heros cheat. Its the 'as long as my lexus payment gets paid on time and I can keep up with the Jones " attitude. This cause so much apathy and people just dont care anymore. People should be outraged to riot levels at the govts cheating,lying and stealing. People should be outraged at corporate americas dealings but no one cares. As long as they get entertained by the athlletes and there team wins no one cares. Pats fans would be calling for resignations if the Colts or Giants were caught cheating.

As long as there are no true rights and wrongs then this crap will continue to go on. The govt doesnt need to be in this crap anyway. Arlen Specter needs to be worrying about the borrowing away and outsourcing of americas future. Its a distraction to what they are really doing in washington DC. Oh well rant over. Continue on..

Comment

How can we deal with life or the world when a lot of our sports heros have to use a little "Something"? It's a drug culure. I wonder what our politicians are on.
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

And the plot thickens (where there's smoke, there's fire)...

Matt Walsh, the third man on a three-man video team for the New England Patriots during the beginning of their run to dominance, suggests there might be more to 'Spygate' than we know, writes ESPN.com's Mike Fish.

Just to sum up:

"There's alot more questions to be asked..."

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                Oh. And another thing. SPOTTERS should be banned. NASCAR, football, perverts and anything else that has changed the way the game was played a long time ago. And that is why I don't do sports.
                Self appointed Safety Director reporting in...

As for NASCAR. spotters are absolutely more of a safety measure than anything. Climb into one of those machines one time ( I have), and you have zero vision on the blind spots. And the blind spots are anything except directly in your windshield. The rollcage, head restraint, and full face helmet obstruct everything else. So the spotters are there to see the rest.
                It's built up over the years, but today's races are far more competitive than in 1979, when winners frequently lapped the field.

I don't see a huge problem with communications in QB helmets, it just replaces player swaps running orders back and forth. Football is an analogy of War. The communication just changes form, is the only difference.

Baseball. Hell no. Let tradition remain.

I don't understand the "perverts" comment.
                But perverts can buy all the same comminication equipment the rest of us can get, I guess. Unless they are in the Pervert Registry.

Comment

This is just life in the real world, isn't it? You cheat borrow and steal until someone calls you on it. It's how the powerful stay in power and the winners win. They got caught doing something that many teams of yesteryear have done.

I agree with Bengal and others that the shame of this whole deal is that our politicians can get away with policing this SHIT. Ralph's sentiments no doubt echo those of many Americans: these guys won't police themselves, we better get in on the action. And their point of view is well founded as shown by B Selig bending over to, at long last, clean up the "national pastime".

I don't know how I'd feel as a hardcore NYG or Pat fan... but if the real world statute of limitations is 7 odd years, the NFL one should be about 7 months. Bottom line: they have better stuff to do.

Comment

Ralph,
                    why won't you answer my question?

Comment

There HAS to be more pressing items that the Govt can be working on than something as stupid as this. It pisses me off that Spector is going to waste taxpayers money over something that really doesn't mean crap.

Economy, Immigration, Foreign policy and he's worried about an f'in football game ... How skewed is that
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

and even more smoke...

An unnamed source has claimed a New England Patriots employee secretly videotaped the St. Louis Rams' pregame walk-through the day before Super Bowl XXXVI, the Boston Herald reported.

Comment

Did someone say smoke?

Comment

Hey Ralph, do I need to make a "personal attack" so you'll acknowledge my question?

Comment

stealing signs with the eyes is part of the game. that is why the catcher hides the pitch between his legs and you will have 2 guys giving signs fo the base runners. video taping is not. this is all a bummer because the Pats are a awesome team that really didn't need to resort to taping. But the fact is they did and were ding $250,000 to the team and lost a first round pick, plus Bill was hit with $500,000. it is what it is, so fair or not they will carry that * in the record books with NFL fans. Just like Bonds with roids and Sosa with a cork bat.
                              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

ABSOLUT CHARVEL,
                                I agree with you for the most part, most rational people would agree. I just don't understand why I asked Ralph, because he is the one that has the hair across his ass about it and he keeps ignoring me, I feel like our relationship has grown the way I thought it had

Comment

Working...
                                X