Weather and selling on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather and selling on ebay

Other than the two pair of wood snow shoes I have, I was thinking that a lot of people have better things to do dealing with the weather than surfing ebay for a deal. What say ye? I just may wait for Spring.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

I have no idea what you're trying to say there...

Been hitting the Natural Ice again?
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Yes and No. It just makes sense to me if the you can't dig out your SUV and the ice is breaking the telephone lines or you are dealing with Sub Zero, not fridges, and heating bills going up your fukking vent pipe, you might not be in the mood to spend money you don't really have anyhow.

Comment

OK...

And we needed a thread on this why?

Put the Nattie Ice down fett...

Comment

Because he's fett and this is what he does. He's just trying to give a heads up that now might not be a good time for selling stuff because people don't have the extra cash.
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

How does he know how much money people have? I think ebay is up and doing quite well right now. True the country seems to be headed into a recession but is that what this is all about? A possible recession? OK...

I could tune in MSNBC for that...

Or maybe that's where fett is getting the info from. Or is he a CNN guy?

Comment

Let me put it this way. If I were snowbound and or worried about being able to even get out of my house, the first thing I would do is take care that the weather wouldn't mess up my real life. Spring is when everyone is happy.:ROTF: Or I could be off my ass.
              Last edited by fett; 02-01-2008, 05:17 PM.

Comment

fett,
                No doubt. But I wonder who is buying stuff on ebay instead of paying the heating bill. I'm sure there are some but are they here?

You're off your ass a bit. But it's cool...

But you didn't answer the question. Are you a MSNBC or CNN guy? Or that dreaded Fox News?

Comment

I am a BBC guy. As a Seller of things, I am just curious about Buyer's moods. As for a Recession, we are there.

Comment

I didn't know you sold on ebay. I only hear about you buying...

BBC? Nice one. Good stuff there...

I'll give you the recession comment. I think we are there too...

Comment

I sell other thangs on ebay. That allows me to buy all those cheap guitars.:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                        I am a BBC guy. As a Seller of things, I am just curious about Buyer's moods. As for a Recession, we are there.
                        We've theorized on this before. My belief is that all the money people spend on Christmas, combined with uncertainty and possible extra taxes owed to the IRS, make the period from January 1st to April 15 the slowest season on Ebay, at least for musical instruments. Just my theory but those months seem to bring the lowest prices on completed auctions for music gear generally.

Of course as said above we seem to have a recession on top of those factors this year.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I think Rich is completely right. Post-Xmas + pre-refund or looking at owing taxes = slow times for sellers. The weather may play some role, but it's a big country and the weather is probably only really bad for a small percentage of people. Plus, most of those people are used to it, and carry on like normal as best they can.

Comment

Yikes. Have you seen the national weather? There's a general mess out there. And, I hope you guys are safe.

Comment

Working...
                            X