Inflation. WTF? Food Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inflation. WTF? Food Prices

You all know how cheap meaty I am. But have any of you guys or the spouse that shops for food been paying attention to the not so creeping up of prices for food? It's shocking. And that is a REAL pocketbook issue.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

I have noticed that. I'm going to start asking the little old ladies in line in front of me if they can spare a few coupons.

Comment

I read on the paper today that there is a world shortage of hops and barley and you know what that means. There go beer prices.
      So I went to the grocery store today and bought two 6-packs of Bass, 1-Newcastle Ale and 1-Dos Equis to drown my sorrows.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Yep, I've noticed. Went grocery shopping today as a matter of fact. I have also started with the coupons..every little bit helps.

Comment

It's like the Mac and Cheese and veggie oil and stuff that lower income people depend on. This, to me, is worrisome. I can buy whatever I want. Food inflation is an issue that hasn't hit the news yet. But I see it.

Comment

I'm just glad my food is included in my rent. That said, I still don't get fed enough. Cheapskate parents..
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

They've been creeping up for years. My Mom used to compare the weekly grocery receipts and would note whenever prices jumped. $0.64 for a can of Green Giant Whole Kernel Corn one week, $0.78 the next.

Green grapes are $3.48 a pound!

Come on, people, this stuff grows on trees.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm not worried about me.:ROTF: I can do it on the cheap. But. damn, it's called Creeping Inflation. And a lot sooner than later it's going to make a big dent.

Comment

cost of shipping, fuel prices, weak dollar and of course exxon 43 billion dollar profits. thats why

Comment

Last time at the grocery store was $186 . Awhile back it was only around $110 or so for the same crap.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie_van_earache View Post
                      cost of shipping, fuel prices, weak dollar and of course exxon 43 billion dollar profits. thats why
                      You hit the nail on the head there, man.
                      I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Most companys have rasied the surcharge for gas. As it goes up so does everything else.
                        "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

I hate stupid people.

http://www.myspace.com/28wicked

Comment

A $4.00 gallon of milk (4 bucks???? WTF???) lasts all of 3 hours in my house.
                          If I'm lucky.
                          I get home, after wifey goes shopping... and it's already gone.
                          Not just the good stuff (Oreo's), everything... even the green beans.
                          Welcome to the world of $4.00/gallon milk... the world of 4.00/gallon gas is only moments away.
                          Like, by April.
                          I promise.
                          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                          --floydkramer

Comment

But we bitch about those "illegal aliens".
                            I have a couple of veiws on this one. They brought the cost of labor down
                            in a business that used to use slave labor to pick the crops. And some things
                            cannot be mechanically harvested. I used to watch the hispanics come and go every year to pick the potatoes in New York. Like the changing of seasons. Wasn't a problem, until some decided they didn't need to go back home, or down the road, because some bright politician figured out it was an unharvested free vote. Now it's a huge issue, and it contributes to the rising price of crops.

Comment

"unharvested free vote"

WOW... so true X!

Oh, how they now scramble for them... even at the expense of the party platform.

UGH

I "almost" give up!
                              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                              --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                              X