Just showed my class doc. on Black Metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fett View Post
    I always hated it in college when a history or soc prof would correct a paper and throw in a lot of corrections on grammatical errors.:ROTF:
    Yeah, it's not like you should know that shit by the time you get there, right?

Or is it "by the time you get THEIR"?

Or is it "by the time you get THEY'RE"?

I'm confused...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Don't be. I didn't learn the stucture of a paragraph until my bonehead English class at college. I was a '50's student where the educational innovators (sp) ran rampant with all THEIR:ROTF: bullshit. Highschool was a joke. It's a damn good thing that we played the game. The smart people went on to college. I did. That was for which I was trained.:ROTF: Did I do good grammar?
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

fett,
        I agree. I really didn't learn shit until I got to college...

Course I dropped out of high school...

But they didn't teach shit there anyway...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

i think the touble is black metal is not something that metalheads will get into straight away, its like death metal you have to wait a while before u learn to appreciate it. they might also not undertsand the references unless they have a more detailed knowledge of rock history

Comment

It's not about music appreciation. Damnit It's a Soc thing. It's about why people as a group do what they do and figuring out why.

Comment

I personally think that is an awesome example, from a students perspective anyway. Then again, I also like Norwegian Black Metal, haha.

Comment

not really, i mean even if the kids were into metal, kids at that age aren't gonna understand the stuff in that DVD. u can't expect a newb metal head to understand it.

but yes society in itself is brainless, i was reading in th enews today that people think sherlock holmes, robin hood, king arthur and that were real, and aparenty over half of people surveyed thought that winston churchill, richard I, and ghandi to name afew weren't. i mean wtf is hapening to people? why is eveyrone dumb these days??

Comment

It's not about music appreciation. Damnit It's a Soc thing. It's about why people as a group do what they do and figuring out why.
                  Thanks Fett.

Comment

Don't be. I didn't learn the stucture of a paragraph until my bonehead English class at college. I was a '50's student where the educational innovators (sp) ran rampant with all THEIR:ROTF: bullshit. Highschool was a joke. It's a damn good thing that we played the game. The smart people went on to college. I did. That was for which I was trained.:ROTF: Did I do good grammar?
                    we always hear people bemoaning the state of the current educational system. fett tells us that high school was a joke back in the 1920s when he went through. So just when were the good old days? The halcyon days of education, when you got a good solid grounding in the 3Rs?
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm not as dumb as I appear to be.

Comment

I wish my teachers would show clips of Wacken in class... then again I am pretty much the only one in my whole high school that listens to black metal so I can't really complain.

Comment

its all fashion/fad. it's whats in, until something else comes along. Music and clothing seem to go hand in hand. Madonna came out with a movie and MTV was playing her vids, the next think all the girls were dressing and wanting to be like her. Madonna-wanna-be's. Now its .... not really sure, but the boys all think they are gangsters, skaters, etc... but what is funny is that some fads will come back like styles. Nothing is really new, just refined. even metal will have that window. sadly so will flanel.
                          ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                            Fett is right..I predict a huge hip hop revival ..all things hip hop wihtout a trace of guitar to be heard. I call that the Clinton era, and the sequal will be coming soon!
                            Could you please knock it off? There is no correlation between what music is popular and who is in the White House. Madonna and Prince were pop royalty when Reagan was president. BushSr presided over Nirvana and Vanilla Ice. Clinton was Stone Temple Pilots, Pantera, White Zombie, Megadeth coming into form, and even Ice-T turning metal (hmmm...). BushJr's years are headed up by the likes of Puff Daddy and Celine Dion back from retirement.

Using your theorem, we'd have to attribute Iron Maiden to... yep. Jimmy Carter.
                            please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I know a lot of high school/middle school kids who are into metal, and I'm in freaking UTAH. Although, it might have something to do with the somewhat oppressive culture here.

Comment

There was an interview with, I believe, Varg Vikernes in HUSTLER magazine a few years ago. I can't find it right now. But in it, he claims he killed Oystein Aarseth because he found evidence that indicated Aarseth was gay. I may be getting it all wrong. But there's no mention of anything like that in the Wikipedia entry.
                                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
                                X