Just showed my class doc. on Black Metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
    Could you please knock it off? There is no correlation between what music is popular and who is in the White House. Madonna and Prince were pop royalty when Reagan was president. BushSr presided over Nirvana and Vanilla Ice. Clinton was Stone Temple Pilots, Pantera, White Zombie, Megadeth coming into form, and even Ice-T turning metal (hmmm...). BushJr's years are headed up by the likes of Puff Daddy and Celine Dion back from retirement.

Using your theorem, we'd have to attribute Iron Maiden to... yep. Jimmy Carter.
    Ummm nope..

I'm smart, remember!!!

you'll see..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Necro..you need to stand back and and look at the whole ass, not just the ass hole.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer32390 View Post
        I wish my teachers would show clips of Wacken in class... then again I am pretty much the only one in my whole high school that listens to black metal so I can't really complain.
        don't you see enough wackin' at home already, young fella?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Oh, I can see past the sock puppet. Cheney almost outed one of the puppet masters by accidentally shooting him in the face. I just dispute your theory that this administration has contributed to some Metal Renaissance. With only a handful of exceptions, metal in the last 7 years has absolutely sucked.

Metallica exposed themselves as the money-grubbing hacks they are during the Clinton years. Under BushJr, they're considered "hard" again. Mustaine has turned Megadeth into a cover band. Bruce retreated back to Maiden, then Ozzy's reality TV kids throw rotten eggs at him. The only good "nu metal" act, System of a Down, implodes shortly after figuring out how lame de-tuning is. GWAR aren't funny anymore. King Diamond's not scary anymore. Piggy's dead. Dime's dead. But Britney won't kill herself.

Pop culture under BushJr is more dominated by beep-beep-boop-boop hiphop music than it was under Clinton. Go to Harmony-Central and click on the "electric guitar" link. Like every third link is a new release of some guitar *SAMPLING* for use in synths or ProTools. Go to Guitar Center, you'll see they're selling the Guitar Hero and Rock Band video games. We are not experiencing a Metal/Guitar Renaissance right now.
          please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

dude, stop..STOP you're killin' me..

Please stop..

Comment

metal in the last 7 years has absolutely sucked? Sure, man. The folks here have turned me onto so much good new metal in the last 7-odd years it makes my ears ring. Stuff much better than GWAR, SOAD or Metallica.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

If you'd care to have a discussion without all the cute little emoticons, I'm right here, buddy.

Comment

Every recommendation for new music in the metal section that I've followed in many years has only turned up crap. Plenty of stuff I'm sure a lot of you like. Mastodon, Children of Bodom, Nevermore, Avenged Sevenfold, Killswitch Engage, Static-X, Lamb of God, etc., etc., ad nauseum, ad infinitum. Too much wanking, not enough solid song writing.

Comment

Man..Necro I love you..whew..that shit is better than sex..

That's some good shit right there..

So waite, W killed Dime, started WWIII and he invented Guitar Hero too, he's one sneaky bastid!

U cwazy phuck!

"I'm right here buddy!"..:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

Comment

Necrotechno..

"I'm right here, buddy"

Comment

G..you handle this one..

I'm going to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                          So waite, W killed Dime, started WWIII and he invented Guitar Hero too, he's one sneaky bastid!
                          No more than Clinton started Hip-hop.

Again, are we talking here? Or making internet smiley cartoons?

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                            G..you handle this one..

I'm going to bed.
                            would love to, BZ, but I'm out. Off on my 3 hour commute.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm starting to see how you guys get your ridiculous post counts.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                                would love to, BZ, but I'm out. Off on my 3 hour commute.
                                OK G, Yeah.. I gotta take the wife to the docs in the morn.

OK Necrobroseph, let me make this crystal clear. I could pretend that I'm obligated to entertain your need for debate.

but, but,..but.....sigh.

I say, think, and believe whatever it is that makes me happy/unhappy. With zero concern if anyone else agrees. In my world, I say whatever I want, to who I want, when I want..24/7/365.

I have nothing to proove. I say my piece and go on my way. Which is the best advice I could give you.><

I only give that kind of advice to people I don't compeletely loathe. That means you're a lucky/decent human being in my book. (add silly, cute smiley here)

take care,

Bill Z
                                Last edited by horns666; 02-05-2008, 02:36 AM. Reason: TYPOS..FUGGUMS...

Comment

Working...
                                X