No announcement yet.

Just showed my class doc. on Black Metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they don't have to like it, but college students should understand it, everyone was an asshole in high school who didn't give a shit about anything, but when you are in college/university and don't understand different cultures etc. then you are still a little stupid fuck, it's not the place where MTV is cool... or there's something seriously wrong with the society
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Show those kids a presentation defining the "Homoeroticism of Black Metal", they'll understand that one, appreciate it, and probably piss themselves laughing. It won't be too much work either, just show them a few pics of Black Metal bands, and bingo.
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
        There was an interview with, I believe, Varg Vikernes in HUSTLER magazine a few years ago. I can't find it right now. But in it, he claims he killed Oystein Aarseth because he found evidence that indicated Aarseth was gay. I may be getting it all wrong. But there's no mention of anything like that in the Wikipedia entry.
        Burzum.org - Official Burzum and Varg Vikernes website: news, biography, discography, photos, library, downloads, contacts

I'm pretty sure that I read in "Burzum story" that he killed him cause he found out that Aarseth was going to kill him. So he killed Aarseth before Aarseth could kill him. He found out that he was gay aswell, but that was not the reason for killing.

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
          I'm starting to see how you guys get your ridiculous post counts.
          now I remember why you're so much fun to have around
          Hail yesterday

Comment

i'm starting to lose the jist of what this thread was about now, it seems people are claiming clinton is responsible for hip hop and that politics affects the music kids listen to in america.....like whaaaa??

that makes no sense. esp given the fact that kidz probably care very little about it and mostly just jump on the latest trend till they grow up and get their own identity (eg nu metal, emo). record companies are responsible more than anyone else for what gets played and plugged. its not down to whether a band is good or not anymore its down to hpw much money the comapny can make out of it and how many other trend jumpers they can find to exploit and rake in money from people who are likely to jump on these trends i.e. kids. its sad but i think its true. the mainstream metal market is geared towards under 18s for the most part.

the only thing politics is responsible for in music is the *yawn* cliched political song/album. 'oh we're making a commentary about society and an unjust war' fuck off. especially cheryl crow, who has a new album out which includes songs of that nature - deary ur a few years too late on that. try again. i hate fucking bandwagons. stop trying to be 'profound' and make some decent music people.

the reason most big bands suck is because there has been a lack of talent for years, and record companies want something that is watered down and easily digestable for angsty kids, but in extreme metal, it just doesn't work. for example ARCH ENEMY (angry face) i don't want sing along pop death metal. what the fuck are u doing?? the whole reason metal thrives because it is not geared towards the masses, and this is why the underground scene will always be the place to be. yes there are some people who can 'play' or whatever, but WHAT they play isn't inspired, its not especially memorable and most of it is silly angst, or as cliched as melodic verse an shouty choruses. get an identy, learn to play in a way that is slightly more inspired, get a fucking tone, get ur own identity, can we please have someone who deosn't play an esp through a bogner or a krank (for gods sake u all sound the same), and stop trying to jump on a bandwagon and get rich quick, its been proven time and time again, the mainstream ruins metal bands.

well thats my $0.02 :ROTF:
            Last edited by sonicsamurai; 02-05-2008, 08:09 AM.

Comment

They don't have to like the music, but they should be able to attempt to understand the culteral side of it...

BTW King Arthur while having his life story widely exaggerated druing the middle ages and Renaissance I believe, was an actual person who exsist just not to the extent the legends tell...

Robin Hood is another exaggerated tales guy but his grave is in Kirklee Priory in west yorkshire.

Trouble is much information has been lost and exaggerated trhoughout hsitory the bible has suffered from the same fate also...

There's equal arguments to the exsistence of king arthur as there are for whether jesus actually exsisted...

I can see necro getting really poular around here...

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                the reason most big bands suck is because there has been a lack of talent for years
                hmm, that's very interesting, I've always thought that big bands have the most talent, hell I can't even imagine playing in Glenn Miller Orchestra, it's too much too handle
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                  hmm, that's very interesting, I've always thought that big bands have the most talent, hell I can't even imagine playing in Glenn Miller Orchestra, it's too much too handle

lol, comedian

Comment

I insist that the poltical climate along with special interest groups, and their agendas have a very strong influence on what is popular in the mainstream..especially music.

This is a fact based on entirely what I say!
                    Last edited by horns666; 02-05-2008, 02:15 PM. Reason: FUIGGUMS
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Facts are facts!
                      Last edited by horns666; 02-05-2008, 02:16 PM. Reason: FUGGUMS
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Being a BA Sociologist, I wish I had this group to study when I was in college. The internet is the Sociopath to Hell.:ROTF:
                        Last edited by fett; 02-05-2008, 02:32 PM.
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                          Being a BA Sociologist, I wish I had this group to study when I was in college. The internet is the Sociopath to Hell.:ROTF:
                          hahah, i think Freud would have had a field day don't you?

Comment

You see, this is the problem with British Airways these days, if they employed more technicians and pilots, instead of Sociologists, they'd not be crashing planes.
                            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

That's Batchyellor of Arts, you undereducated Brit.:ROTF:
                              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
                              X