No announcement yet.

Who would you "cry your heart out" for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you "cry your heart out" for?

god forbid...if one of of your heroes...may it be a guitarist, or a movie-star...non-relatives basically...dies... who would it be that you cry your heart out for??

I felt really really bad when Dime was killed and when Chuck schuldiner passed away. but I had long stopped listening to Pantera when Dime was killed and I wasn't even playing the guitar when Chuck died. I used to listen to a lot of Death but never realized the loss it was until I picked up the guitar.

So, who would you cry your heart out for? Maybe this will help us realize the value of an individual and encourage us to go see a concert or something.
    Sam

My Mom...

But I take it you're fishing for famous people? The 2 that will hit me the hardest because I've listened to them for so long are going to be Ace Frehley and Paul Stanley...

Funny, I had this conversation with my wife not too long ago when she saw a Guitar World cover with Dime on it...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

My wife.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I was quite depressed when Zappa died, but his legacy has left us with about a billion albums and the family trust is still releasing great material.
        That being said it's sad when anyone dies, especially when they share their art or talent selflessly, and give joy to others or stirs emotion that holds meaning to others.

Comment

I was going to get personal. But I think he is referring to celebs. I don't give a flying fuk about any of them.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I'm with Fett.
            I would cry my heart out only if it was someone I knew personally. As far as celebrities go...nope, not here. I don't really have any "hero's" that are famous. There are guitarists that have had an impact on me but, not to the point where I would call them my hero or cry if they died. I might be sad for the loss but, not devastated. I'm not trying to sound cold but, the actual people in my life have had way more impact on me than any celebrity or guitarist ever will.

I did shed a tear for our country and the people that died and on 9/11 though. It sounds cliche but, my life changed big time on that day and I didn't know anyone personally.
            Last edited by Madness; 02-04-2008, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Well the only hero I have is my dad.

I was too high when Randy died, but that did suck. What did hit me were the following people Criss Oliva, Chris Farley, Chuck Schuldiner, Dime and Luciano Pavorotti.

I think I'll be sad if my first "guitar hero" died ..EVH

I know I'll be super bummed if Uli Roth goes..or something happends to Jeff Loomis.

I'll be bummed if any of my favorite players go.

This thread is depressing..fuck this thread!

I wouldn't breathe if it wern't for my wife and kid anywhoo.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                Well the only hero I have is my dad.
                Ditto. When I lost him, a part of me died as well.

As far as celebrities;

Jessica Biel- what a body
                Scarlett Johsanssen- what a rack
                Shakira- what an ass and the way she shakes her hips
                Jennifer Connely- probably the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.
                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

The only celebrity/musician/guitarist I ever have cried for was Jeff Buckley.

I'm sure I will shed a tear when Jeff Beck goes.

Comment

For a celeb.... none of them.
                    I would be bummed, but cry my eyes out... none.
                    My wife or daughter... different story. I don't think I could exist if they both were gone.
                    If I lost just one of them, I would suck it up to be there for the other. But I would be a total wreck.
                    -Rick

Comment

I can say it sucks when some world known person dies that I admired. I save my tears for the hurt that hits me personally. And, I wish that others would save their emotions for their world. A vicarious life is no life at all.

Comment

Well I cried my eyes out for "the one that got away". As far as celebrities go. I was saddened when Steve Irwin died. Oh yea also when MaCauley Culkins character died in My Girl I was saddened to haha.

Comment

I feel no sympathy for anyone, regardless of who they are.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Just wait. You skinless banger.

Comment

I think I did cry when Bon Scott died.... I remember the day I found out like it was yesterday, I was a huge AC/DC fan in the late 70's and early 80's.

the lose of Randy Rhoads was another bad day for me, but then again I'm sure that it was for a large number of people on this forum. Robin's death was also rough on me!

but I have to say Bon was the toughest!
                              Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

Working...
                              X