Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I heard that SRV died I teared up.

Vai and Trower would hit me hard.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

i've shed a tear or two after spliting up with girlfriends. sometimes u just gotta get it outta ur system to just get on without it. i did have a bit of a cry when i realised i wasn't gonna teach with my deree, and when that end of uni feeling crept in, coupled with the fact i split up with a girl around the same time. deaths i dunno, sometimes i can't cry, i used to when i was very young, but i dunno. i don't think i would initially but i'm aguy who lets things build up inside of him for while bvefore anything comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
        Just wait. You skinless banger.
        Come here and say that. I'm just waiting for you to take your little Viking boat across the pond... if you get that far! :ROTF:
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
          god forbid...if one of of your heroes...may it be a guitarist, or a movie-star...non-relatives basically...dies... who would it be that you cry your heart out for??

I felt really really bad when Dime was killed and when Chuck schuldiner passed away. but I had long stopped listening to Pantera when Dime was killed and I wasn't even playing the guitar when Chuck died. I used to listen to a lot of Death but never realized the loss it was until I picked up the guitar.

So, who would you cry your heart out for? Maybe this will help us realize the value of an individual and encourage us to go see a concert or something.
          I'd encourage you to buy yourself a Tribute Stealth BC Rich. That might help.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I've already been through it. RIP Johnny Cash. That was hard.

Comment

I wouldnt cry, but I will be sad to see Ozzy go. When I got to the age (12) that I was buying my own records his were the first.

Comment

I had tears and a few sobs when I heard about Dime. I read a small bit about it in the paper then got on the net and found the full details. I guess I was really shocked by the nature of the incident and felt a real sense of empathy for Vinnie as well. Imagine living your life side by side with your brother doing something you both love and conquering the world, so to speak, and then seeing him shot in the head in front of you.

I couldn't have cared less if I had known him or not and I haven't listened to that much Pantera since my late teens but it still shocked me nonetheless with his murder. And even though I haven't listened to much Pantera in a while there was a certain amount of kinship I felt with him in terms of being lovers of all things metal and sharing a lot of similar influences.

So I was saddened a great deal when i heard about Dime

Comment

Denis D'Amour. AKA Piggy from Voivod. Not only because he's one of my fave players, but also because the way he went — colon cancer at only age 45 — wasn't tragic like Dime, SRV or Randy, it was just sad. Then figure in that with Newsted Voivod had the opportunity to ride back to the top of their game after a 10+ year derailment. They were poised for such a magnificent comeback, and then... poof.

The announcement of his death actually showed up in the regular news section of my startup page. I was truly devastated.
                  please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Alessandro Zanardi... I cried when I learned about his horrific accident that took his legs... then took joy to see him walk and race again. that would be a huge loss in my world.
                    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                    Amp... Pioneer
                    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I can get pretty bummed out hearing about people dying tragically or early. But it doesn't matter if they are famous or not. It's probably the main reason I don't watch/read the news. Too many stories of ordinary people having their hearts broken with the deaths of their children/husbands/wives/etc.

I was seriously upset when I heard about SRV. A friend called to ask if I'd heard the news about Stevie Ray and I assumed he got the jump on me for the new album or something. He told me to turn on the news. The first time I actually saw him playing (only had magazine articles & all of his albums on tape to that point) was on the news report of his death. I was disconsolate, but still didn't cry over him. Reading my old guitar mags now, and seeing his excitement at the release of a new album or upcoming tour or getting clean still makes me think back to the day we all heard the news.

I was saddened at the news of Dime's death too. I'm not even much of a Pantera fan, but it was such a tragic & pointless way to go out.

At this point in my life, I don't think I'd cry over the death of any celebrity. Be saddened by it, sure, but not cry.

The wife put on A Knight's Tale the other night and we both still enjoyed it, but it was tinged with a little sadness thinking of the recent & tragic end of such a talented & likeable young man. But then, I occasionally get the same twinge watching Turner Classic Movies and thinking how much I like the Cary Grant & Lana Turner & David Niven & Humphrey Bogarts of 60 years ago and how sad it is that they're no longer here to make movies to entertain me.
                      Last edited by VitaminG; 02-05-2008, 01:14 AM.
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

what kind of question/thread is this? who "cries" over people you don't even know? WTF is that?

for chrissakes...
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                          what kind of question/thread is this? who "cries" over people you don't even know? WTF is that?

for chrissakes...

Fuck, I'm cryin' right now..because of you..:ROTF:

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

you know I'm right. for fuck's sake.

EB what're you doin, rollin tonight? and feeling all sensitive?
                            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                              you know I'm right. for fuck's sake.

EB what're you doin, rollin tonight? and feeling all sensitive?
                              Of couse you are..

Yep, EB prolly had an epiphany in his bong smoke..that's happeneds to me sometimes!!

..or while takin' a big ol' dump..

I get my best ideas that way!!!
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                                Of couse you are..

Yep, EB prolly had an epiphany in his bong smoke..that's happeneds to me sometimes!!

..or while takin' a big ol' dump..

I get my best ideas that way!!!
                                I feel like we know each other.... in a past life or sumthin...

-Nate
                                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Working...
                                X