What Do You Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Do?

In the short time I've been coming here, I've noticed that some of you guys have or have had some interesting jobs. So it leads me to ask, what do you do?

I'm a software developer. The company I work for is a gateway for credit card processing. We take any incoming transactions from any given Point of Service format, convert it to our format (we process only our spec in our data center), and finally convert it to whichever format our client processes to. On getting the processor response, we do it all in reverse to send you your approval or decline.

I'm also a software developer. I work for an international laboratory services company that provides environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical testing. I'm the main developer for creating the software that the client services department uses to quote, enter, and maintain lab samples. We're a bit behind the times (we still have some NT4 machines, over half the lab is still on Office 97, and we do 95% of coding in VB6) but we're slowly moving towards today's technology (with a lot of pushing by me ).
    Scott

Comment

I just started a new business called TESTING 1,2,3. I do alcohol breath/saliva testing, hair sampling, and urine collections for DOT regulated companies. I also do employment "post offers" as well as random drug testing.
      "POOP"

Comment

I sell parts for low-quality cars to mongoloids.

Comment

i'ma graduate so have ben woring alot of things lately. worked in schools as a teacher and a teaching assistant, lots of admin work, just worked for two months as a business administrator in a private hospital, and am applying for a job in HR at the moment. outside of that i do my band.

Comment

I'm a hotel manager. Days Inn right now. Have worked for several through the years.

Comment

Systems Engineer. I work mostly with SMS & MOM...
              Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Professional Jizz Mopper for one of the local nudie booth estabishments....

j/k Sr. Quality Engineer for a major software firm.

-Nate
                Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I am a bouncer at the BK Lounge

Comment

Lead Programmer for a major credit card company.
                    -Rick

Comment

I direct live television newscasts. I do the 6pm show here at the local NBC Station. I also do freelance television work, sports and whatnot. For that I can do just about every job. Camera, Audio, Direct, TD, Graffics, Tape playback, ENG-Camera shader, ect...

And I toured the world as a Guitar Tech. But those days are over...
                      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I'm a hit man for The Order.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm the house sound guy 2 nights a week at a local club. Then contract out with full PA and lights on the weekends. Still looking for a day job Mon. through Fri.
                          My Toys:
                          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                          '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                          '94 Dinky HX in Black
                          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            I'm a hit man for The Order.
                            Speak the Word, Toejam!

Comment

Currently I work for NOAAH , or I should say a division of... we catalog snow flakes and monitor snow fall amounts on various mountainous regions of the planet. Kind of an outside job, sucks in the winter!

Comment

Working...
                              X