Why are 'Musicians' forums full of such dickheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are 'Musicians' forums full of such dickheads

i go on any forum thats for 'musicians' (as opposed to a guitar forum like this which is generally more regular joes with some instruments) and instantly u are hit by a wave of arrogance and pig headedness. they all know better, they're all so incredibly intelligent, they all think they're incredibly witty, they're all sarcastic as fuck , and probably have no fucking social skills in the real world....jesus christ why are most of these supposed 'proper' musicians such inbred dickheads?!?!

aaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhh

Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

I thought ALL forums were full of smartarse bastards.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I think it is because the members are fan boy tools. I like Metallica and I like Megadeath quite a bit, but I dont like either enough to join their forums or fan clubs. I think that alot (but not all) of the persons that take fandom to the extent of joining communities or clubs to socialize with other fans are a little too fanatical.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
          I think it is because the members are fan boy tools. I like Metallica and I like Megadeath quite a bit, but I dont like either enough to join their forums or fan clubs. I think that alot (but not all) of the persons that take fandom to the extent of joining communities or clubs to socialize with other fans are a little too fanatical.
          Mega-what?
          My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

I think it's because they let drummers sign up for the forums.
            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

There are a few like that in here too...
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Actually he has a point, remember when i was back at college, our place was right next door to another college. Ours was an Arts college, the other a `real` college. They took proper written exams, and where classically trained, ours was a bunch of drunk bums jamming all day lol. We performed, they `played`, was definately some snobbery going on there. Can`t say i know about `musician` forums, as i don`t hang out on them, but it rings true from past experience.

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
                  Mega-what?

That's why I wouldnt join their forum. I am not a good enough fan to spell their name correctly. :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                    That's why I wouldnt join their forum. I am not a good enough fan to spell their name correctly. :ROTF:
                    Hehe, good one!
                    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                      i go on any forum thats for 'musicians' (as opposed to a guitar forum like this which is generally more regular joes with some instruments) and instantly u are hit by a wave of arrogance and pig headedness. they all know better, they're all so incredibly intelligent, they all think they're incredibly witty, they're all sarcastic as fuck , and probably have no fucking social skills in the real world....jesus christ why are most of these supposed 'proper' musicians such inbred dickheads?!?!

aaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhh

Well, everyone can't get along with everyone..not here, there, or anywhere.

That IS the real world.

..and yes, I believe even Jesus Christ had the same problem.
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

A lot of it comes form plain ignorance. Gone are the days where most guitarist know their stuff and know why it does what it does. Now its "I hit the string and it makes this sound through this amp"

Comment

I think the Internet has "educated" a lot of self-styled experts. A lot of the shit-talking that goes down on a lot of forums would never fly in face-to-face conversations, and a lot of know-it-alls would probably find that their knowledge really wasn't all that extensive in the real world.

That is dildos.
                          sigpic

Comment

because musicians are dickheads
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                              because musicians are dickheads

Yes, that's it!!!!!
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X