JCF Library: Free Book "Save Me From Myself"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCF Library: Free Book "Save Me From Myself"

Yard Dawg put this up for free a while ago, well before the classifieds changed. I got it and we thought it would be cool to keep passing it on to those who want to read it. It's the book written by Brian "Head" Welch fromerly of Korn and the story of his transformation I guess you could call it...

So with Toejams approval I'm putting it up here since I can't in the classifieds. First one to let me know they want it and PM me their address will get it. I'll get it out by the weekend. Nothing else needed. It was a cool thing for Yard Dawg to do and I wanted to pass it on. It would be nice if the person who gets it keeps it going but it would be up to that person, it's their book...

Let me know if interested. As soon as we have a "winner", I'll let you know...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

very cool thing to do. Hope it keeps going.

Comment

No one read anymore?

Comment

I'll take it. PM my addy now.
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

We have a winner! It's off to Alvin now...

Hope you enjoy it man!

Comment

Hey Bengal, I just had an idea that was spawned by one of you previous comments in another thread. By chance, if you have an item for sale and you still don't have Platinum Member access, you could always word your ad as a contest. For example: BENGAL'S BONANZA: "I have a Fender Squier (hehe) Strat that is laying around my house buried somewhere under piles of stock market reports. If you can guess how much I think the guitar is worth, you're the winner! I'll ship that bad boy to you as soon as you pay the postage of $159.00. Good Luck!"
            "POOP"

Comment

SEEGERMANY,
              That's one way to go. But I have a feeling I'd be called out quicker than Tom Cruise if I did that. I did want to keep the book going in our community but not having access to post in the classifieds was a problem. Lucky for me Toejam said it would be cool to do it here. Maybe the next guy will be able to do it in the classifieds...

But it would be cool if we had a "library" or something like that. A bunch of materials (DVD's/Books/Videos/Whatever) that could be passed around like this. I think that enhances the feeling of community we have here. So if more of you have stuff that's just lying around, send it out! It doesn't cost shit and the karma returned is worth it...

But I guess since I'm giving it away, it's not really a classified ad. I may try to give more stuff away here. I've got too much crap...

Comment

How about a "Pay it Forward" thread?

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernXer View Post
                  How about a "Pay it Forward" thread?

Yea that would be a great idea. I passed the book along because its a great true story of how Jesus helped Head get free from crystal meth and fill the void in his life. Its my hope that it gets passed around here to as many as want it.

The pay it forward idea is how I try to live my life. If I do something for someone Id rather have them do the same for others rather than pay me back. Its a give without receiving attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
                    Yea that would be a great idea. I passed the book along because its a great true story of how Jesus helped Head get free from crystal meth and fill the void in his life. Its my hope that it gets passed around here to as many as want it.

The pay it forward idea is how I try to live my life. If I do something for someone Id rather have them do the same for others rather than pay me back. Its a give without receiving attitude.
                    I told Bengal last night that as soon as I am finished reading it, I will offer it back up here for anyone who wants it.
                    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

i knew Brian and James "munky" schaeffer pretty well as they lived literally earshot from me in downtown H.B. and this is when I was very successful, well for a rocker dude, i was successful, and I used to style them out down at the bars and after hour parties. To tell you the truth I think i definitely frightened the daylights out of them, and with good reason, and then I watched them become over the top successful and was very happy for them. I always like to watch people do well, especially people who come from not very affluent backgrounds, and then all of a sudden ,BOOM!!!! number 1 with a bullet. They were always a little shy or taken back, but once in a while I still run into david or Munky , and when I heard that Head left the band I knew he had found something I'd never been able to do no matter how many times I tried, and he left a rolling money machine as well which would be impossible for me to leave since i lost it all, so I tip my hat to him for leaving a money printing machine because inside I guess he found something better. Mystifying.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

No doubt about it. I give Brian a lot of respect for doing what he did. I may not understand it. At times I don't think he understands it either. But he went with it and walked away from a life most of us will never know but would give both kidneys for. All for his kid mostly. You have to respect that...

Comment

Working...
                        X