High wind terror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High wind terror

I was driving home from work around 1:45 am and was on a 3 lane interstate among a tractor trailer, 1 car and me in my SUV.
    I was in the lead about 3 truck lengths in front of the big truck in the slow lane.The car was in the middle lane.
    A very large gust of wind and a wall of rain water took me from the left lane and pushed me within inches of the center retaining wall.Couldn't see shit but a reflector on the retaining wall no know if I was still going or stopped.
    I made it home and cleaned my pants out.Some very bad storms in Ky tonight
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Wow. Glad you're ok.

Funny what can happen in "panic mode", huh?
    I never had that reaction in really bad situations. But I have come out shaking
    like a rag doll, though. Well, not that bad, but still...

Comment

Yeah, glad you are ok, straycat.

Some bad weather:
      http://www6.comcast.net/news/article...evere.Weather/

Gas explosion in Tennessee:
      http://www6.comcast.net/news/article...Gas.Explosion/
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Wow, that's some strong wind! Glad you're okay.
        Scott

Comment

I've been in some rough weather before but not like that.I'm glad there wasn't much traffic or my ass would have been run over.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Damn! Glad you're okay. I had a scare about two weeks before Christmas in some snow and ice and wind. I was on a five-lane major highway, in the far left lane, when some slush shot up in front of me and I hydroplaned to my right and a little into the next lane. Another car hit my passenger side door, it put me into a spin, and I went to the right and across the other three lanes of traffic and into the shoulder. I came to rest right past the shoulder, when I hit a small tree with my right front bumper. How no one else hit me, I don't know. I had a tiny paint scrape from the other car on my door, and just a little dent from the tree. I've been through some rough weather before, too, but never got in any kind of accident.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

We've had so much storm/weather issues over here, it's too busy at work.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I had some high wind terror the other day. It started off with a tasty kebab on the way home on Saturday, followed by some highly grown-up guff-related japes at Mater & Pater's house on Sunday. This quickly developed into a mud-slide, though I'm pleased to say no embarrassment or injury was caused (apart from me kicking the bog door in, and throwing my little niece down the stairs in my haste to be able to eject safely).

Prior to that I drove down from Edinburgh in the wind and despite the van being overweight, it would drift scarily across the Motorway when caught in gusts. I decided the best policy was to get home quickly, so kept it at 80mph+ all the way back. Sorted!
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Here in Boulder, the winds can get pretty nasty coming off the mountains. The highest I have seen them were around 100 mph.

Comment

Usually the key to staying out of trouble is to stay calm and drive smart - though that's easier said than done for most people. After many years of racing cars/karts and riding snowmobiles I've gotten comfortable in crazy situations

Comment

Working...
                    X