Recommended decaf coffe or tea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended decaf coffe or tea?

I'm thinking of kicking caffiene altogether. I get too drained at the end of the workday...

Can anyone recommend a good quality decaf coffe (I hate Sanka!),
    or especially iced tea I can switch to?

duncan donuts has a decaff. I am starting to see it in the stores but you can also buy their coffee online. My wife gets 5lbs of coffee every month.

Comment

So, you like coffee just for the taste. Is that correct? Now, my next question is do you think that you'll still wake up the morning with the urge for that first cup of coffee? Do you think you'll continue to drink decaf coffee throughout the day because it tastes good? I'm an inquisitive mofo aren't I.
      "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
        So, you like coffee just for the taste. Is that correct? Now, my next question is do you think that you'll still wake up the morning with the urge for that first cup of coffee? Do you think you'll continue to drink decaf coffee throughout the day because it tastes good? I'm an inquisitive mofo aren't I.
        Inquisitive, maybe; practical, definitely.

If given a choice between continuing to drink coffee and dying or giving it up and living, I seriously would ask the doc "Well what's the difference in years?"

Or, like Jack Benny, "Hang on, I'm thinking."

Comment

Dave Mustaine should come up with one soon
          If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Originally posted by thunderhead View Post
            Dave Mustaine should come up with one soon
            :ROTF:

I think that's Pamela Mustaine's company, actually.

Comment

I'll assume you meant decaf tea as well? Just brew some Lipton decaf and put ice in it I can't stand the smell of coffee, so I cant help you with coffee recommendations.

As far as bottled iced tea goes...I don't think I've ever seen a decaffeinated one.

When you do kick the caffeine, be prepared for a major headache for a few days (more or less depending on how much you drink). I stopped drinking my daily soda last year and my head was pounding for three days. Once the withdrawal stopped, I slept better, was more alert, and was more productive at work.

Good luck!
              Scott

Comment

Decaf coffee is like non-alcoholic beer. Just doesn't make sense...

Now caffiene free Diet Coke? I'm there...

Good luck on kicking it. I had a buddy try it last year. I got 3 days before the headaches made him grab a Mountain Dew. Hasn't tried since. Worst headaches ever, he said. So that has me worried. But I'd love to try it...

Let us know how it goes...
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

yeah those headaches suck big time, mine only last a day though.

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 01-16-2012, 06:24 PM.
                    Just a guitar player...

Comment

DD coffee is the best!!!!! I ship 2 two pounds of DD coffee to my mother in law in Texas at every month.
                      2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
                      2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
                      2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
                      2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
                      2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
                      2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
                      2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
                      2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
                      2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
                      1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
                      1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Here is me on decaf Here is me with on real coffee . I would die without it.:ROTF:
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 01-16-2012, 06:24 PM.
                          Just a guitar player...

Comment

Actually, she works at HEB.. and she says they don't sell any.
                            2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
                            2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
                            2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
                            2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
                            2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
                            2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
                            2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
                            2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
                            2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
                            1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
                            1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
                              I was a big soda drinker, never got these mythical headaches (or whatever pet withdrawal symptom everyone like to trot out) when I cut back.
                              They were definitely not mythical for me. Maybe it's because I completely cut off the caffeine, rather than just cutting down?
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X