Interwebs advice needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interwebs advice needed please

Because I'm here behind the UK Iron Curtain, I've now been told that I can no longer access Pandora.com because streaming to the UK is blocked.
    What a fucking joke, I might as well be in China and have Google censoring what I can see and hear online too.

Regardless of licensing etc, it is surely the "Music Industry" shooting itself in the foot - every single CD I bought last year I had heard tracks from, or heard the artist, on Pandora.com first, even bands I had never bothered to check out before. Thick cunts!

So, how can I get round this? I'm no Internets expert (unless it comes to finding obscure Bukkake), but surely it is possible for me to get an IP address that will not be blocked? Do I circumvent it with a Proxy Server or something, or have I just made a spaz out of myself? How do you use these things?

Any advice appreciated (apart from "Move to America")
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

I think you have the right idea with the proxy server, but I don't know how to go about getting one set up for you. Why don't you just move to America.

Comment

Because I don't look very good in an orange boilersuit.
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

A new service called Qtrax is coming on line, which is basically like how Napster was, but with P2P principles (IE a master server hosts the tracks and service, users upload the tracks, and then when you download, it works iin the fashion of a P2P system with people who have already downloaded it acting as an additional host, etc is what I've gotten out of it). Its not totally on line yet, with Downloads still in the works. It functions kind of like Ultimate Guitar, where add revenues are used to pay royalties.

As for using a Proxy, I would imagine, that if you could find one with an America-based IP, it would work.

Comment

read this, http://www.ghacks.net/2006/05/01/how...tside-the-usa/

same applies for streaming radios, just need to find a good fast proxy (google US proxies) Need to use an anonymous proxy afaik, so your IP is seen by the site.

Comment

Yeah, just proxy your way into it... or figure out what kind of filter they are using to block the site, then look for known ways around it.

Comment

Working...
            X