Romney Quits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yard dawg View Post

And last but not least AMERICANS are more interested in American Idol than politics. They care more about Mandissa than what the govt is spending money on. Bottom line is americans are apathetic and ignorant.

+1.
    That's why political debate gets so frustrating.
    I'd rather debate politics with a well informed liberal than with someone who gets their sound clips from Fox News, even if they are agreeing with my conservative/libertarian views.

Comment

• People know what Ron Paul advocates. They just don't don't vote for him in the primaries. The results speak for themselves. Anyone who is serious about winning wouldn't deliberately choose a slate of positions that insure he alienates the majority of voters in each major party. If voters wanted libertarian gov. we would have it.

I do like to day dream about actually implementing his foreign policy ideas. I don't see how we can continue to attempt to maintain stability all over the place. It costs around 600 billion a year, and it gets harder and more expensive every year. It's a concept that has lost credibility at home and does not receive support abroad. Maybe the rest of the world is right. Maybe the relative stability we have been enjoying would continue without this enormous commitment and burden on the US. We could withdraw the 5th, 6th, and 7th fleets, send all personnel home from Germany, Japan, Korea, Afghanistan, Bosnia, the Middle East including Iraq, abrogate all the defense treaties binding us to this posture and let the chips fall where they may. We better start building nuclear power plants and get serious about missile defense though.

Comment

Working...
      X