People are really going off the handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People are really going off the handle

With in the last week or there have been quite a few mass killings. What is going with people? Are things that bad right know that people feel the need to take other's lives?

Louisiana

Missouri

Los Angeles

Maryland

I was thinking the same thing,Jason.It was like this week was the week that everybody decided to pull the trigger.The only thing is that it seems we never really get to know what caused these people to snap.Just what the media tells us.........
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

It's such a shame that this happens. I have to put the blame on society. For the most part I think people are cruel or don'r care about others untill something like this happens. Then we step back and say....what happen? Why? Only to be too late.
      "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

I hate stupid people.

http://www.myspace.com/28wicked

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonchick View Post
        It's such a shame that this happens. I have to put the blame on society. For the most part I think people are cruel or don'r care about others untill something like this happens. Then we step back and say....what happen? Why? Only to be too late.
        I respectfully disagree.

I think that people are no longer taking responsibility for their own actions, and instead are looking to blame someone else because they've made stupid choices and they've found themselves in too deep.

I mean, it's just my opinion...

Comment

You maybe right. It was just MO also. Either way it's sad.
          "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

I hate stupid people.

http://www.myspace.com/28wicked

Comment

I have been giving this much thought lately. It disturbs me deeply that there is such a rampant disregard for human life. I have no idea where it comes from lately.

Don't get me wrong. I know there have been murders since the dawn of man. But lately it seems that now it is happening with such more frequency. Thugs killing you for your car or the 5 bucks in your pocket. Killing you because you looked at them disrespectfully. WTF is that? I am sick of our society, honestly. Sometimes I really feel like pulling up stakes and heading out somewhere more desolate.

And don't try to convince me we need to outlaw guns. In fact, I wish more law abiding citizens had the right to carry. Why should I not have the right to protect myself if I decide to go to Newark for dinner? It is only because of my job that I am allowed to carry. If not, I would not go there.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'm with ya,Scott.Our society sucks.I live in a rural area and have a bunch of wannabe punk thugs out here.I think they are everywhere,you can't get away from it.They tried to steal my stereo out of my truck and I unloaded my 12 guage over their heads.They ran so fast the fell in the huge drainage ditch at the end of the road.It was pretty hilarious,even the Sheriff could'nt stop laughing.........They got a free trip to jail.
              Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

I'm going way on a limb here, but it's the Bullshit movies; TV; video games; the glorification of killers; the hatred that people have for ones that have made it; the gunslinger myth and just about anything else that just turns that one loose screw so tight that the only recource is to fulfill the thoughts. I'm a big believer that an individual is responsible for his or her's actions. But you can't dismiss the media in maybe pushing them over the edge. Whatever happened to just being a nice person?
                I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Life is cylical. Life styles are cylical as well...

We are not a tollerant society anymore. Look at a lot of issues in the news these days. A heathy dose of tollerance would help a lot of those "problems"...

But lets not forget we also have the CNN's/Fox News/MSNBC/ and all the 24 hour "news" stations that LOVE shit like this. They love it. Why? Because you watch it. We all do. It's interesting. So they love to shove it in our face any chance they get...

So while I think we are less tollerant of other people we also have these "news" stations that broadcast this stuff all over the world. Back in the day, unless you read the newspaper, you really didn't hear about someone killing 2 people somewhere outside your state...
                  I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I am tolerant. Is he fishing for a Ron?:ROTF: But I will not tolerate any lame ass excuse for some asswipe to shoot the place up. These men and women are thinking this shit. They just get pumped up by watching the world-wide coverage of mass murders. When, I was growing up we had to read, "In Cold Blood". What's my point? The media encourages these people. It somehow makes them feel better in doing what they do. That's it. I'm going to a monastary.:ROTF: Butt, that's not a sure bet anymore.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason1212 View Post
                      With in the last week or there have been quite a few mass killings. What is going with people? Are things that bad right know that people feel the need to take other's lives?

Louisiana

Missouri

Los Angeles

Maryland
                      You forgot one...

Tinley Park, IL

Police: Lane Bryant gunman fondled victim
                      By Joel Hood and Matthew Walberg | Tribune reporters
                      11:59 AM CST, February 6, 2008
                      UPDATE: Tinley Park police confirmed Wednesday that one of the victims in the shooting rampage Saturday at a Lane Bryant clothing store was fondled by the gunman. But they said they believe there was no further sexual contact that might have produced crucial DNA samples as they search for the killer.

Speaking at an 11:30 a.m. news conference near the police station, Tinley Park Cmdr. Rick Bruno also said the surviving victim's account has slightly changed police's description of the shooter. The gunman is now described as having three to five "puffy" corn rows that begin at the top of his forehead. One strand with green beads hangs over his right cheek.

Police said the killer has a large frame with his weight proportionate to his height. They previously had said that the gunman was between 5 foot 8 inches and 5 foot 10 inches tall and between 230 and 250 pounds. Police said he wore a black jacket at the time of the attack.

Investigators sought help from barbershops and hair salons Tuesday in the hunt for a gunman who fatally shot five women and wounded a sixth last week at a Tinley Park clothing store.
                      "We are asking that any [shops] that perform hair braiding as described on the suspect review their clientele and call the tip hot line if they recognize this individual's description," Tinley Park Police Cmdr. Rick Bruno said at a news conference.

Authorities described the gunman as black, from 25 to 35 years old, well-groomed and clean-shaven with thick braids, one of which hung down the right side of his face and sported four green beads. They said he was 5 foot 8 to 5foot 10 and 230 to 260 pounds.

The man entered the Lane Bryant store Saturday and after chatting with the women, possibly under the guise of making a delivery, announced a holdup and herded them into a backroom, a source told the Tribune. The man bound them with duct tape he brought with him and made sexual advances toward at least one victim before opening fire, the source said.

Killed were store manager Rhoda McFarland and customers Connie Woolfolk, Jennifer Bishop, Sarah Szafranski and Carrie Hudek Chiuso.

For the first time Tuesday, police confirmed there was a survivor. That woman is under around-the-clock police protection, a source said.

A relative of the survivor said the bullet passed completely through the 33-year-old woman's neck but somehow missed vital organs. "I'm telling you, it was a miracle," the family member said. "He meant to kill her."

While police have been able to release a detailed description of the attacker, Bruno said they were still working on a sketch of the man.

"We're trying to be sensitive to the victim's condition, and that's why it has not yet been published," Bruno said. "They're in the process of creating a composite, and the minute it's complete, we'll send it out."

Bruno said Tinley Park police and members of the South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force have received more than 90 tips. Anyone with information is encouraged to call the department's 24-hour hot line at 708-444-5394.

Meanwhile, families of the victims planned funeral services for the five women.
                      The funeral for Szafranski, 22, of Oak Forest will be held at St. Damian Church in Oak Forest at 10 a.m. Saturday. Visitation at Lawn Funeral Home in Orland Park will be from 3 to 9 p.m. Friday.

The funeral for McFarland, 42, of Joliet will be at Living Faith Church in Crest Hill at 10 a.m. Saturday. Visitation will be at Range Funeral Home in Joliet from 2 to 9 p.m. Friday.
                      Services for Woolfolk, 37, of Flossmoor will be at 4 p.m. Saturday at Leak and Sons Funeral Home in Country Club Hills, following a 3 p.m. wake. The family has set up a fund for her two boys. Donations can be made to the "Connie R. Woolfolk Memorial Fund" at any Charter One Bank location.

Services for Chiuso, 33, of Frankfort will be at 10 a.m. Thursday in St. Joseph Catholic Church in Homewood. Visitation will be from 2 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Ryan Funeral Home in Homewood.

The funeral for Bishop, 34, of South Bend, Ind., will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Matthew Cathedral in South Bend.

Her family set up a fund for her three children at 1st Source Bank in South Bend. Contributions can be made at the bank's locations to the "Bishop Children's Education Fund."
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

It's also being reported in the media more often. Used to, it didn't make the headlines except maybe one or two, but now they're actually looking for these stories to run, not because it's such a rare thing, but because it's so frequent, and it sells papers and draws viewers.

Nancy Grace has one of the most popular shows on TV right now, and all she deals with is this sort of thing. She got her start covering the Natalee Holloway case, and through that found out about 2 others in Aruba that disappeared under similar circumstances.

Look at all the "death>divorce" cases that have been televised: Lacy Peterson, Lori Hacking, that other Peterson chick, etc etc. This stuff is not so much "Hey, I saw it on TV so I'm gonna try it" as it is "we got a million more viewers with this story, so let's run similar stories to keep them coming back".

And I'm all for an armed citizenry. There was a story in the paper here yesterday about a Corrections Officer whose uniforms and guns were stolen from his home while he's in the hospital. The local DOC head was only quoted mentioning the security at the institutions. That's great. I'm gonna steal a uniform, badge, and gun so I can pretend I'm a jail guard? Hell no, I'm gonna do it so I can pull people over and/or "arrest" them, take them to my empty warehouse and rape and kill them. Screw posing as a prison guard, that's what children do with their little plastic guns and Halloween costumes.

Until these uniforms are found and the person(s) responsible are caught, anyone that is dressed like a cop that approaches me will put their life at risk doing so. Sad to say, but them's the facts.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The problem is we arent encouraged to defend ourselves. Imagine if a few of those victims were armed and could have shot back. Imagine if the VT students were armed and could of shot back. We need to use our 2nd amendment rights and fight back. Screw the ACLU gun grabbers. We can not depend on the police to protect us. They are too over worked writing tickets. Go get trained to use a gun and lobby your govt to allow concealed carry permits. Its time to shoot back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonchick View Post
                            You maybe right. It was just MO also. Either way it's sad.
                            I won't argue that with you.

My thought is that if you're going to shoot yourself, then do it. Skip the part where you shoot anyone else. It's not their fault you're miserable.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              It's also being reported in the media more often. Used to, it didn't make the headlines except maybe one or two, but now they're actually looking for these stories to run, not because it's such a rare thing, but because it's so frequent, and it sells papers and draws viewers.

Nancy Grace has one of the most popular shows on TV right now, and all she deals with is this sort of thing. She got her start covering the Natalee Holloway case, and through that found out about 2 others in Aruba that disappeared under similar circumstances.

Look at all the "death>divorce" cases that have been televised: Lacy Peterson, Lori Hacking, that other Peterson chick, etc etc. This stuff is not so much "Hey, I saw it on TV so I'm gonna try it" as it is "we got a million more viewers with this story, so let's run similar stories to keep them coming back".

And I'm all for an armed citizenry. There was a story in the paper here yesterday about a Corrections Officer whose uniforms and guns were stolen from his home while he's in the hospital. The local DOC head was only quoted mentioning the security at the institutions. That's great. I'm gonna steal a uniform, badge, and gun so I can pretend I'm a jail guard? Hell no, I'm gonna do it so I can pull people over and/or "arrest" them, take them to my empty warehouse and rape and kill them. Screw posing as a prison guard, that's what children do with their little plastic guns and Halloween costumes.

Until these uniforms are found and the person(s) responsible are caught, anyone that is dressed like a cop that approaches me will put their life at risk doing so. Sad to say, but them's the facts.
                              And THAT imo is the root of the issue. A lot of these people (like the VT killer) wanted dot go down being (in)famous, and sadly the media has granted that.

Comment

Working...
                              X