Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And all the doctors thought I was BSing them...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
    Shit man, that really sucks. I don't know how many drugs have to cause stuff like this before we realize that they have to be tested more thouroughly before they can be used on humans. I truly believe that pharmaceutical companies frequently fudge results of tests to get new drugs on the market. It's all about making the bucks after all. Why should drug companies have any morals when no one else does?
    I work at a lab that does testing on those drugs (not the clinical tests, but everything else - stability, etc.). The FDA routinely does surprise audits and if everything is not documented, signed off on, procedures followed to the letter, every I dotted, every T crossed, then we would get hit with enormous fines and would probably be driven out of business from the loss of customers after the news was revealed.

Can't comment on the clinical tests, but it would have to be a major conspiracy to get drugs through the system that weren't sufficiently tested.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
      And I know this is a pretty old thread, but CR, I would file a malpractice suit against your doctor for continuing the Botox injections. He should have seen the effect it was having on you. Class action suits only make the lawyers rich. Say the settlement is for $2,000,000. Lawyers get half, 20,000 people in the class action get $50 each. Was it someone at LGH?
      It was at that campus out by Park City on Harrisburg Pike, I think they call it their Health Campus. That is where the one doctor gave me the shots, though the druggist hat prescribed them was at Willow Lakes out in Willow Street. I do not think they still offer Botox treatments based on what their site says. We've thought about a malpractice suit, but I think the real issue is the drug itself; the guy who gave it said he had done Botox for various things many times before and never heard of complications. I can believe that. I'm also not sure we could legally do so, as it's been 3 years since then.

Comment

I work at a lab that does testing on those drugs (not the clinical tests, but everything else - stability, etc.). The FDA routinely does surprise audits and if everything is not documented, signed off on, procedures followed to the letter, every I dotted, every T crossed, then we would get hit with enormous fines and would probably be driven out of business from the loss of customers after the news was revealed.

Can't comment on the clinical tests, but it would have to be a major conspiracy to get drugs through the system that weren't sufficiently tested.
        I'm sure they TRY to ensure that nothing shady goes on, but we're talking about human beings here.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
          I'm sure they TRY to ensure that nothing shady goes on, but we're talking about human beings here.
          Humans do like their money, but my point was that you'd have to bribe a LOT of people to pass something under the table.
          Scott

Comment

When the right people want something pushed through and have the clout to have it passed, then it goes through. Check in to the FDA's approval of aspartame as a sweetener.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
              When the right people want something pushed through and have the clout to have it passed, then it goes through. Check in to the FDA's approval of aspartame as a sweetener.
              If Nutrasweet caused that many problems, then the millions of people who drink diet soda every day would definitely have shown some complications by now.
              Scott

Comment

I know everything you read on the internet isn't necessarily true but there is a lot of talk out there about aspartame side effects.

Complete information about Aspartame/Neotame Side-Effects, including signs and symptoms; conditions that suggest it; contributing risk factors.

mac-archive.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, mac-archive.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

ChavrelRocker,
                  Here's to your health and your future, and the lack of toe walking that I hope is in it.
                  i hear these days that your health all depends on your alkaline levels that are in your body. Here's to your endurance coming back full circle too.
                  Tommy
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

That is complete BS. My father is a physician and aside from the occassional free super box at the baseball game (in exchange for listening to a sales pitch at the 7th inning stretch) or tons of pens, he gets no "kickbacks" for prescribing certain drugs over others. He always suggests generics if they are available.

As far as the other posts complaining that they prescribe the newest thing and ignore the older, cheaper meds, that is directly related to the rampant malpractice suits in this country. If the doctor doesn't use the absolute latest techniques and medicines, he can be found liable if the patient gets worse or dies. Malpractice insurance costs doctors tens of thousands of dollars per year.

Bottom line is, if you feel your doctor is not treating you correctly, then FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR. It's not like there's a shortage.

And I know this is a pretty old thread, but CR, I would file a malpractice suit against your doctor for continuing the Botox injections. He should have seen the effect it was having on you. Class action suits only make the lawyers rich. Say the settlement is for $2,000,000. Lawyers get half, 20,000 people in the class action get $50 each. Was it someone at LGH?

Spot on...

Comment

Working...
                    X