Grammys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grammys

After 60 Minutes went off, I left the TV on. Mistake? I dunno. Pretty weak going so far. Trying to check out the nominee list, can't find it on the official Grammy website. Links to purchase "Grammy Brand" merchandise, though.

I thought Carrie Underwood was a country act? What's with all the pipe-banging and leather bondage gear?

I don't understand how Morris Day still performs that one song. I thought The Time was back together for Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back?

Cirque de Soleil does the Beatles medley...
    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Alicia Keys wins female R&B. I only heard of three of the five nominees.

Amy Winehouse wins new act. Only heard of one of the nominees, Feist, and that's only because they were on SNL a few months back.

John Paul Jones directing an orchestra behind Foo Fighters? Hmmm....

Comment

how can amy winehouse win new act when she's already past her second album??

morris day and the time can never fail with jungle love. love it

Comment

Holy Crap! Ann Marie Calhoun was one of the touring violinists for Jethro Tull in the last few years! Vote for her!

Watch CBS television online. Find CBS primetime, daytime, late night, and classic tv episodes, videos, and information.
        Last edited by necrotechno; 02-10-2008, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I thought Eminem held the title, but Kanye West has got to be the most retarded rapper ever. Why do they keep putting out songs as singles that have to be censored for airplay? A lot of repetition in the lyrics.

Comment

Multiple Grammy winners Fergie and John Legend. Never heard of either one of them.

Comment

I jumped in just long enough to say, officially, I don't care.

Comment

Whoa! George Martin is still alive?! That's awesome. My granny used to work for him in NYC in the early 60's. Great to see him still so vibrant.

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
                  Multiple Grammy winners Fergie and John Legend. Never heard of either one of them.
                  fergie is from black eyed peas. her solo stuf is D U L L tho

Comment

morris day fucking OWNS.

sully
                    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                    Sully Guitars on Facebook
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

What was up with that frumpy gown, Cher? Tina Turner's popping cleave. Looks like she's about to fall over, though.

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno View Post
                        Whoa! George Martin is still alive?!
                        That's exactly what I thought!
                        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Best Song to Amy Winehouse also. The only nominee I even heard of was Corinne Bailey Rae. Again, from an appearance on SNL. It's amazing how much I rely on that show for news. This writers' strike has really put a cramp in that. Hopefully they'll be back on in a couple of weeks.

Comment

I like how Ringo said, "My son couldn't be here." Dunno if he was just trying to be funny. But, ooooh. Awk-WARD.

Comment

Ann Marie Calhoun!!! Yes!

Okay, so her performance with Foo Fighters wasn't especially compelling. I guess after her fiery performances with Jethro Tull and Ian Anderson solo, I was expecting a bit much.

I was thinking she was the one who did a cover of Kashmir with Ian Anderson, but that was Lucia Micarelli:

Lucia Micarelli and Jethro Tull playing Led Zeppelin's Kashmir.

Brad Paisley. Dude, you could've at least tucked in your shirt.
                              Last edited by necrotechno; 02-10-2008, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X