Women and Jackson guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
    no thats not what i'm saying, and i didn't say all gay giuys acted that way (read what i ACTUALLY said??) but it can be all too easy for some people to tell a typical gay guy in a crowd, beacause their mannerisms can be completely different. women i don't think feel as much of a need to act up to a standard or stereotype as much as guys do. and that i think could be apllied to guys in general. tough guy, matcho, sports guy, you can pick em out a mile off. girls generally u have to get a bit closer before u can determine thos things accurately.
    Right. You only said 90%. Sorry, my fault...

EDIT: So what you are saying is 90% of gay guys act like women. Going from your earlier post. So does the oposite hold true? 90% of gay women act like men?
    Last edited by Bengal; 02-12-2008, 06:05 PM.
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Ok guys ..now this thread is treading in deep water. Please .. lets not have any discrimination here. You never know who may be reading this board or even people you know who may not be out for the very reasons that I'm seeing here. Lets be a little more tolerant and take it in the direction the thread was intended for please

FWIW stereo typing people doesn't work and it's pretty lame to think you can ...
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Yeah, STFU Bengal!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
          Ok guys ..now this thread is treading in deep water. Please .. lets not have any discrimination here. You never know who may be reading this board or even people you know who may not be out for the very reasons that I'm seeing here. Lets be a little more tolerant and take it in the direction the thread was intended for please
          Kevin,
          I was pointing out an inconsistancy that I've noticed. I didn't mean to insult or demean anyone, and I don't think I have. But your message is understood...

But is it any more off topic than talking about Alvin's penis? Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            Yeah, STFU Bengal!
            Ron,
            Couldn't you have said that before Kevin chimed in? Or do you always throw your barbs behind his back?

I'm just kidding. You'd be able to tell that if I used emoticons. But I hate those ugly bastards...

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post

no because usually every thread was about Bill's balls
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                no because usually every thread was about Bill's balls
                No doubt. A lot of gay talk goes on in here...

Comment

Ron,
                  Couldn't you have said that before Kevin chimed in? Or do you always throw your barbs behind his back?

I'm just kidding. You'd be able to tell that if I used emoticons. But I hate those ugly bastards...
                  Actually, I was posting while he was. Check the times. Then when I saw his in before mine, I went back and edited to add the "Yeah"
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Actually, I was posting while he was. When I saw his in before mine, I edited to add the "Yeah"
                    Sure you did...

Sure you did...

Comment

It wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the whole gay topic.

Kevin,
                      I was pointing out an inconsistancy that I've noticed. I didn't mean to insult or demean anyone, and I don't think I have. But your message is understood...

Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

The reason is simple and in fact stupid. Women have to prove themselves more than the guys to be taken seriously. Annah can play for instance but she'll constantly have guys tell her that she is pretty good for a chick ... There is no level ground there. There aren't a boatload of women who shred to begin with but the ones that do certainly have a steeper slope to climb ..

sad but true

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        Who was that Chelsea whatsername that was at the Charvel NAMM booth a couple years ago?

Unfortunately there aren't many female guitarists at "the top", and those that do get there (The Donnas) are usually handed Gibson or Fender freebies to take them away from whatever other brand they're using, so you're not likely to find a Jackson player that high up.

And Batten used Ibenhads. Nancy Wilson used Deans.

Comment

OK, back on topic...

Didn't one of the girls from Drain STH play Jackons? I seem to remember that...

That's all folks! I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your watress...

Comment

no discrimination here i get on with either, got no problem with people's lifestyle choices, merely comment on what i find..

why do i always end up arguing with bengal? damn, 2 draws so far...still looking for that outright win!!

Comment

Bengal, you could always put "Proud Heterosexual" in your sig.
                              "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                                Bengal, you could always put "Proud Heterosexual" in your sig.

Now that should be someones signature.. that's funny shit right there :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                                X