Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys! New here!

Hey all!

Figured I should sign up since I play Jacksons as much as I do Ibanez lol.

My name is Simon, and I'm from Edinburgh. I play six- and seven-string guitars very very badly! I tend to waste most of my time over at sevenstring.org but felt the urge to sign up here to digest more info about Jacksons as they are my six string of choice.

I currently own an old Jackson Professional Stealth EX, which I had to sell my old Jackson RX10D in trans red to own, but I'm totally happy with the trade. Miss the hell out of the RR, but V's don't suit me.

I've also got an old Charvel Model 4 in red, but no pics and its in pieces awaiting a respray. I was originally gonna swirl it and the Stealth, but common sense prevailed.

Pics of the main collection:

And the RR I had to sell

I work as a guitar tech in Edinburgh and am studying Physics at Edinburgh Uni, so I'm a bit of a geek too.

So...what are the rules and who are the regulars around here? I mean, the unofficial stuff that isn't in the FAQ.
    Bree bree squeeeee!

things u need to know

1) i post a lot of pointless things. actually lots of pointless things are posted by many people

2) become a platinum member - you get boobs aswell!!

3) don't mis-spell - Ron (racer X) doesn't like it

4) Fett is ridiculously cheap - he also has ridiculously funny stories to tell

5) Shobet smells kinda funny

6) contrary to poular belief, Destruction ODs Marty Freidman sig is not a cheap Indian knockoff. But don't tell him that. It amuses me and Thunderhead greatly

7) Never trust the Turks

Last edited by sonicsamurai; 02-10-2008, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Don't listen to sonicsamurai, half his list is wrong.

SS, Stitch is a Scot who owns non sharkied axes, so I think he knows all about cheap.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My old guitar had sharkies. :p

Anyway, limited Ibanez 7 with waves > run of the mill Japanese made RR.

I think I have some recordings somewhere of both in action, but I won't torment your ears with that. :p
        Bree bree squeeeee!

Comment

Sew, miss speling iz alrite nowe?

Welcome Stitch!
          Nice Axes, BTW
          I like Ibanez too... that's sorta allowed here if you don't go too overboard.

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

Nice to see another Scot on here. No doubt you're like me and eat haggis all day every day, wash it down with whisky while playing the bagpipes and are a tight fisted git.

Nice guitars, how do Ibanez's compare to the Jackson? I've never tried an Ibanez, don't know why, I just always preferred Jacksons.
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Welcome !!! (and say Hi ! to Lilo for me ... )

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                Nice to see another Scot on here. No doubt you're like me and eat haggis all day every day, wash it down with whisky while playing the bagpipes and are a tight fisted git.

Nice guitars, how do Ibanez's compare to the Jackson? I've never tried an Ibanez, don't know why, I just always preferred Jacksons.
                You forgot to mention that you go to Loch Ness everyday to feed Nessie.

Welcome Stitch!!
                Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
                  You forgot to mention that you go to Loch Ness everyday to feed Nessie.

Welcome Stitch!!
                  I don't appreciate your stupid stereotyping. I don't do that every day. Once a week is enough.
                  I also wear a kilt 24/7 and have ginger hair.

But hey, everyone loves us Scots!
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post

6) contrary to poular belief, Destruction ODs Marty Freidman sig is not a cheap Indian knockoff. But don't tell him that. It amuses me and Thunderhead greatly

7) Never trust the Turks

You forgot to talk about Shobets fucked up welsh-northerner accent i believe
                    If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

7) Never trust the Turks

Oh you lil' British back stabber you! You'l pay for that i swear !

Comment

Welcome dude! First of all don't trust me

I like 7 strings as well and I'm a member of sevenstring.org also and I have a 7 string Ibanez too! But you know you shouldn't trust Turks
                        Last edited by NextInLine; 02-12-2008, 10:27 AM.
                        Check my bands!
                        www.myspace.com/magicktr
                        www.myspace.com/sinif64
                        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Hi and welcome to the madness. hehe :ROTF:
                          "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

I hate stupid people.

http://www.myspace.com/28wicked

Comment

things u need to know

1) i post a lot of pointless things. actually lots of pointless things are posted by many people

2) become a platinum member - you get boobs aswell!!

3) don't mis-spell - Ron (racer X) doesn't like it

4) Fett is ridiculously cheap - he also has ridiculously funny stories to tell

5) Shobet smells kinda funny

7) Never trust the Turks

Hey, I thought I told you not to tell new members stuff like that

Welcome to the board Stitch! I dig that 7 string by the way.

Oh, and the Turks are the most trustworthy guys around here. Or maybe I'm lying.
                            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Welcome to the board.
                              Fasten your seatbelt, it maybe a rough ride.
                              Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
                              X