Across the Universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Across the Universe

Have you guys had a chance to see "Across the Universe" ? I liked it alot. It's kinda like Grease with Beatles music.

If there was already a thread like this, excuse me.

I'd highly recommend it for the Beatle fan or for anyone into music.

Really well cast. Well done all around.

Wow, strange, I just saw this last night.
    I thought it was okay, but even though I understand why they changed the arrangements, I didn't like all of them.

Overall, though, I thought it was good. Nothing great, it'll be forgotten in a few months; but worth a couple of hours.

Comment

I saw it with my wife in the theater. It was okay, nothing spectacular. And I thought a lot of the Beatles stuff was very contrived. Like, waht was the point of Prudence except for giving them an excuse to sing "Hey, Prudence" ?
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        I saw it with my wife in the theater. It was okay, nothing spectacular. And I thought a lot of the Beatles stuff was very contrived. Like, what was the point of Prudence except for giving them an excuse to sing "Hey, Prudence" ?
        Ah, you've verbalized what I was trying to get across.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonDean View Post
          Ah, you've verbalized what I was trying to get across.
          Yeah we both groaned when Prudence came in through the bathroom window.
          Scott

Comment

i saw it last night too. i thought it was better than i expected it would be due to im not the biggest beatle fan. i didn't get the Prudence part. did she swing both ways?
            ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
              i saw it last night too. i thought it was better than i expected it would be due to im not the biggest beatle fan. i didn't get the Prudence part. did she swing both ways?
              The staring at the cheerleader when we first meet her didn't tip you off?
              Scott

Comment

Working...
              X