Ripped Off??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripped Off??

Ok, soooo...we heard about AMS being a rip off. Tell me about any other places you guys have been ripped off at so I'll know not to deal with them,,PLEASE??
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

I hate stupid people.

http://www.myspace.com/28wicked

I have two, maybe soon to be three. First, when I was still fairly noob I bought an ESP LTD KH202 from a place called Roseville Music in Lancaster. It had the new EMG-ESP pickups, so I asked if they were active, figuring they went from HZs to overseas made models for them to be active. Guy said yes and I bought it. Get home, and it won't stay in tune and I find out they are passive. Go back in the store and the guy is a total dick, wouldn't do a return or anything. Finally after I said it smelled of bait and switch since the only EMG active equipped models were a couple hundred more, he gave me the check.

Horror story two; I bought an Ibanez RG5EX1 from GC. I have issues with the string slipping in the saddle and the string breaking up at the tuning head after 3 or 4 weeks. They won't take it back as it has a ding in it. Ibanez won't do anything either about it. Turns out the trem post hole was drilled wrong, and the studs sat at a slight angle at a weaker part of the wood, causing it crack, meaning it could now move around. Cost me $100 otu of pocket to get it fixed.

Comment

I've always had good dealings with the local dealers, but most all of them will not refund but trade or replace, which sucks. As far as GC, I try not to buy from them if I can help it. Theirs a place in Waterford Michigan called Motor City Guitars where I buy most of my high end guitars and their great!

Thanks for the info CR.
      "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

I hate stupid people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonchick View Post
        Ok, soooo...we heard about AMS being a rip off. Tell me about any other places you guys have been ripped off at so I'll know not to deal with them,,PLEASE??
        You should really take Earlache with a grain of salt. He has a short fuse and probably got profane with them to get banned from AMS.

If you read that thread you'll see that when he didn't like my post he quoted it, then rewrote it to make it a gay slur towards me. Of course that's the 12-year-old approach I'd expect from him, but it means you're taking the word of someone who has proven that as well as having a short fuse, is also a homophobe, since he thought making me out as gay would be the ultimate coup in insults.

Not that gay or straight matters, but assholes transcend sexual identity...
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Garrett Park Guitars.
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
            Garrett Park Guitars.
            What was the issue with them, out of curiosity? I bought a Fender from them last year and didn't have any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
              You should really take Earlache with a grain of salt. He has a short fuse and probably got profane with them to get banned from AMS.

If you read that thread you'll see that when he didn't like my post he quoted it, then rewrote it to make it a gay slur towards me. Of course that's the 12-year-old approach I'd expect from him, but it means you're taking the word of someone who has proven that as well as having a short fuse, is also a homophobe, since he thought making me out as gay would be the ultimate coup in insults.

Not that gay or straight matters, but assholes transcend sexual identity...
              Thanks alot lerxstcat,, I understand.

I hate stupid people.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                What was the issue with them, out of curiosity? I bought a Fender from them last year and didn't have any issues.
                The poorest customer service and the biggest passing the buck act this side of the Pacific Ocean.
                Consider yourself lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler View Post
                  The poorest customer service and the biggest passing the buck act this side of the Pacific Ocean.
                  Consider yourself lucky.
                  Wow, good to know. I didn't need to raise any warranty/return issues for any reason, so I guess I was lucky.

Comment

Music123 tried to rip me off once. Ordered a Marshall cabinet which was supposedly in stock. Three weeks later still hadn't shipped, even though I kept calling and inquiring about it to which I'd just receive BS excuses. So they finally decide to ship it, but only if I pay twice what they asked for shipping. I canceled the order of course, what a waste of time =/

Comment

Originally posted by Lev View Post
                      Music123 tried to rip me off once. Ordered a Marshall cabinet which was supposedly in stock. Three weeks later still hadn't shipped, even though I kept calling and inquiring about it to which I'd just receive BS excuses. So they finally decide to ship it, but only if I pay twice what they asked for shipping. I canceled the order of course, what a waste of time =/

I had the opposite experience with Music123. I ordered some strings and a strap, they sent the wrong strap. I called, told them, they said they'd ship the new one right away. Now, the one I got was cool, just not THE one..ya know? Anyhow, said return label would be with new strap, just ship the old one back when I got it. Well, no label in box. I call and tell them, they said nevermind, just keep both. I was cool with that. I've used them SEVERAL times (50+) and they've never done me wrong, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                        Wow, good to know. I didn't need to raise any warranty/return issues for any reason, so I guess I was lucky.
                        The funny thing is that wasn't even warranty!! as soon as I looked at the box (upon receipt) I knew it was trouble.
                        The thing got nasty and the only way they would respond was by ME getting nasty. Something I try to avoid as I am quite The Hulk when someone pisses me off.

Comment

J - You should have kicked Rick's ass when you had the chance. Maybe this year. I'll point him out for you.
                          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

I had a problem with Sam Ash a few years ago. Ordered a deluxe padded Jackson gigbag for my Rhoads...month and half later it comes...but is the wrong gig bag. We called them and they told us they didnt have any of the ones that I originally ordered...sent it back and ordered the gigbag from a small local store

Comment

Bought from AMS several times. Never had a problem.

Only problems I've had with getting gear through the mail were the website saying something was in stock when it really wasn't; and delivery services arbitrarily deciding what to leave on my porch without getting a signature, and what to keep at the distribution center for a week and then send me a postcard to come and pick up myself.
                              please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
                              X