Sonic v Bengal debate thread :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sully View Post
    nah. i'm 6'4, have a good wingspan, and understand the importance of guitar placement. unless your torso is 4 feet long, you have no argument.

oh. i also tuck my wang into my socks.

sully

stubby legs huh?

nope no argumant, its just more comfortable for me there. plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
      shut up. he was good at one time yes, and funnily enough thats where he sold his many millions of records.

and maybe britney spears is better...its called pop music because its poular, oddly enuff...

and my orignainal statement was all of those bands have sold more than kiss, so my point is still relevant. they've had a much bigger influence than kiss.

so dime was that much of a fanboy? who cares? thats one person.

...who the hell dances to the petshop boys? queer
      You can see the decline of Jacksons career. It shows in his face, literaly. He was good with "Off The Wall" and "Thriller". After that his music gets as scary as he is...

You are confusing polular with good. They are quite different and they don't hang in the same room with eachother...

Album sales doesn't equal influencial. Come on. Even you can't argue that with a straight face...

Talking shit about "OK Computer"? OK, gloves are off now...

Yep, Dime was a HUGE Ace fanboy. Like so many other guitarists you emulate when you strap your guitar right under your nipples and try really hard to pout to the "chicks" in the audience. Even though the only chick is your bass players Mom...

I've gotten more pussy with West End Girls playing in the background than you've seen in magizines...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
        For those that slag on KISS, they don't understand that KISS was more than just a band. Yes, there were better musicians, but not necessarily better entertainers. KISS was the greatest rock and roll spectacle this planet has ever known. Maybe the biggest this planet will ever see.
        thank you. truer fucking words, sir.

now ss, for someone who gushed over some crosby-owned Vs, and plays in an 80s tribute band, i'd figure that you'd understand proper guitar placement!

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

stubby legs huh?

nope no argumant, its just more comfortable for me there. plain and simple.
          dude, that was great! nice one!
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
            So? You hate the lord? Come on Cyg, I bet you have a Bible on the nightstand next to your bed right now...
            And I bet you have a problem with that FACT. Don't go there. I used an expression in the vernacular. Last I checked, the Lord wasn't described to be a Yankee, damned or not.

The reference is this:
            "What's the definition of a yankee?"
            Answer: "Someone from up north".

"What's the definition of a damned yankee?"
            Answer: "Someone from up north, who visits, and doesn't leave".

The damned yankee responds: "Hey, I just wanted to find out what we won in that little 'ole war".

Comment

well yes sully , but i'm usually moe of a strat player by heart, thats good placement for a strat, doesn't looks so good with a v tho...but its sure comfortable and a good height for tapping and sweeping

also we're not a tribute band, we're just not afraid to admit that we fucking love hair metal. NO SHAME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                dude, that was great! nice one!

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                  And I bet you have a problem with that FACT. Don't go there. I used an expression in the vernacular. Last I checked, the Lord wasn't described to be a Yankee, damned or not.

The reference is this:
                  "What's the definition of a yankee?"
                  Answer: "Someone from up north".

"What's the definition of a damned yankee?"
                  Answer: "Someone from up north, who visits, and doesn't leave".

The damned yankee responds: "Hey, I just wanted to find out what we won in that little 'ole war".
                  OK, I now know how to get you. Talk about your religion. I have no problem with you having a Bible next to your bed. Quite a few people have gotten solice from it. I'm not one of them. And I love needling those that do. Even those very close to me...

Try not to wear your emotions that openly. Makes my job too damn easy...

Comment

tapping and sweeping
                    nerd alert!

okay, i'm officially off of your case.

sully
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

• Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                      well yes sully , but i'm usually moe of a strat player by heart, thats good placement for a strat, doesn't looks so good with a v tho...but its sure comfortable and a good height for tapping and sweeping

also we're not a tribute band, we're just not afraid to admit that we fucking love hair metal. NO SHAME!!!
                      Who do you think influenced all those 80's bands? Bon Jovi? Nope. KISS. Go read about it. It's all in black and white. Every singer in the 80's wanted to be either Paul Stanley or David Lee Roth...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                        Who do you think influenced all those 80's bands?
                        Van Halen, alot of judas priest fans (RATT were originally a priest covers band) Ozzy and sabbath, new york dolls were a big influence on motley. Blackie Lawless played with them for a bit, mick mars hated kiss. As a big 80s fan, i've not seen any of my favourite guitarists admit to being a kiss fan. Lots of alan holdsworth fans (lynch/lee) al di meola mentioned a lot too, and ritchie blackmore/jimmy page. LOTS of hendrix fans..generally more intelligent musicians...

Every singer in the 80's wanted to be either Paul Stanley or David Lee Roth...
                        name one?
                        Last edited by sonicsamurai; 02-13-2008, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• You may never get them to say it because Lead Singers are fuckin' duchebags. But just look at how they act onstage. That's where you can tell who they were watching when they were young...

Where do you think Motley got the look for Shout At The Devil? More from KISS than the Dolls. That was Theater Of Pain. Which sucks by the way...

WASP? Nah... Not influenced by KISS at all... Right...

Priest didn't really make a mark here in the US until the 80's. They owe Mtv big time. As does Maiden...

Mick Mars hated KISS because he's older than Gene...
                          Last edited by Bengal; 02-13-2008, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• steve tyler = best frontman ever

Comment

• Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                              i've not seen any of my favourite guitarists admit to being a kiss fan.
                              not a dimebag fan, eh? :ROTF:
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

• I'm trying to ref.

KISS were very popular.

Now, proceed.

Comment

Working...
                                X