X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
    steve tyler = best frontman ever
    +1.

but dude, seriously, kiss influenced millions to pick up a guitar. going back to the ratt thing you mentioned, robbin crosby tried out to be ace's replacement.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

steve tyler = best frontman ever
      I'm having a hard time but I'm gonna say no. No he's not...

He's great, don't get me wrong. But the sound of his voice never did it for me...

For Hair Metal, I'm more of a Tony Harnell guy...

But for 70's rock, it's all about Paul Stanley...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

• Originally posted by sully View Post
        +1.

but dude, seriously, kiss influenced millions to pick up a guitar. going back to the ratt thing you mentioned, robbin crosby tried out to be ace's replacement.

sully
        i don't remmeber my original argument :ROTF:

oh yeah i just said they weren't that great as musicians, but they had some good songs, but i liked zz top better. yeah that was it...then bengal just started ranting about whatever...

i still argue that kiss's worldwide influence is not as big as other bands. i think they were more an american phenomenon....

Comment

• The American thing might be spot on. And in the 80's they were a midwest thing. Couldn't sell a lot of tickets on either coasts but they always did well in the midwest...

But most of you europeans listen to garbage anyway...

And it was you that said since they didn't sell a shitload of albums (20+ Gold Albums is bad?) they are not influencial...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengal View Post
            I'm having a hard time but I'm gonna say no. No he's not...

He's great, don't get me wrong. But the sound of his voice never did it for me...

For Hair Metal, I'm more of a Tony Harnell guy...
            hair metal? tony harnell? who? i would go with bret michaels maybe for strict hair metal (tho equally tyler could still qualify just with 80s aersmith), those classic posion videos are well good...

70s rock? dio with rainbow perhaps? or ian gillan?

Comment

• dunno about that...they broke attendance records (set by the beatles) in japan, and their australian tour in 1980 was a large event. and they played to over 200,000 people at one show in brazil.

sully
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

But most of you europeans listen to garbage anyway...

And it was you that said since they didn't sell a shitload of albums (20+ Gold Albums is bad?) they are not influencial...
                so anything that snot kiss is garbage? and i didn't say they're weren;t influential, i just said they weren't as influential as others (UR DOIN IT AGAIN!! READ WHAT I SAY) secondly record sales do not equate to influence on future musicians necessarily, as u so pointed out with bon jovi.

ha! beaten by ur own argument!!

Comment

• You like hair metal but don't know who Tony Harnell is? Hello? Lost credibility calling...

Bret Michaels? Are you fucking kidding me? That guy BLOWS as a singer. How many times have you seen them live? I've seen them 3 times. Not a strong singer at all...

Dio is OK. I like a singer with more range. Gilian is good. He has range but is very one dimensional. Paul could do it all...

Comment

dunno about that...they broke attendance records (set by the beatles) in japan
                    sully
                    ]

yeah but every american band is big in japan!!! even bloody impelliteri does big shows in japan

Comment

• sully, if you're going to tag-team, I may have to jump in.
                      Be warned. I grew up in the Kiss age.

Comment

• Stop with the "read what I say" crap, you can't type it right anyway so why bother?

Now with the "ur" shit? Sigh... Kids today...

I was saying what YOUR arguement was. And thats what it was. I'm glad I canged your mind with the Bon Jovi statement. Shows a little maturity...

Comment

]

yeah but every american band is big in japan!!! even bloody impelliteri does big shows in japan
                          fair enough, but i'm sure that he's not breaking kiss' attendance records.
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

You like hair metal but don't know who Tony Harnell is? Hello? Lost credibility calling...
                            apparently in TNT....who mean nothing to me...and i have shitloads of glam\hair metal. noones ever suggested to give that band a listen. can't have been that great...

Comment

fair enough, but i'm sure that he's not breaking kiss' attendance records.
                              aye, true, i'll give ya that

Comment

• Well you shouldn't listen to TNT. You've proved you like crap and they were far from crap so I think you wouldn't like them...

Comment

Working...
                                X