Sonic v Bengal debate thread :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
    i didn't say he was best singer, i said he was best frontman. i dig his moves. 2 different things once again...

if we're going hair metal, my money is still on terry ilous

thrash - paul baloff maybe?

death metal - david vincent. great growl, but what he's saying remains totally audible - much beter than most others

rock - steve tyler

classic metal - bruce dickinson or dio
    You like his moves? You know how gay that sounds? He was stale and contrived. Bland at best. A rip off of all that came before him. And proof that LA needed an enema...

But I don't really have a list of "best" save for Stanley and Rob Halford. Those are my 2 "best" singers. For thrash I've always liked Tom Arayas voice but it's pretty weak. Was better long ago...

But the singer I hated? That dude from Mr. Big. He could sing but I hated looking at him. Bugged the shit out of me...

Him and that White Lion dude. God I hated him too...

And Kip Winger...

And the dude from Cinderella/Brittany Fox. Both blew...

There. That should have pissed a few people off...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengal View Post
      There it is, unedited. The first use of the word "influence". Now I may have taken it where you didn't intend it to go. But you did bring it up...

God I hate playing Lawyer...
      i still don't think their INFLUENCE extends much beyond america, i don't think may people ourtside are influenced by the music compared to the likes of most of those bands , maybe with the exception of bon jovi. there. clear enough for you?

fini

Comment

• XYZ? More like XYzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

One of the most overhyped bullshit bands ever...

Comment

• Dizzy Dean davidson was aweosme in britny fox, not as good on the first album but on boys in heat he was smokin. tommy paris is aweosme tho. i'll have no bad wordas about him.

kip winger was pretty good actually.

the gy from mr big was so pansy. i like mike tramo, but tuff he aint. he;s a bit pussy compared to most hair metal vocalists. but some interestign song ideas all the same

Comment

i just said. twice. terry ilous, by a mile..
            The dude from Fastway and Flogging Molly blows him away...

Comment

XYZ? More like XYzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

One of the most overhyped bullshit bands ever...
              fuck you man.... they were aweosme and so underated. brilliant albums both, fantastic guitarist, amazing vocals.

right time out for me its half 2 in the morning and all this debating has me spent. till tomorrow!! i mean...later today!!!
              Last edited by sonicsamurai; 02-13-2008, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• But you have to bring it live. I've seen all those bands in their heyday. None of them could really bring it live like they did on the CD. Kip came close but not quite. Dizzy Dean? Live he was a joke. Maybe I caught him on a bad show...

Comment

fuck you man.... they were aweosme and so underated. brilliant albums both, fantastic guitarist, amazing vocals.
                  How many albums have they sold?

Comment

How many albums have they sold?
                    hey they were the grunge overlap. record labels weren;t pushing that stuff anymore. if they'd had the exposure or been a few years earlier they would have done really well. still, even then both their albums went gold i think, so they sold about as well as a kiss album does. doesn't say so much about kiss now does it?...

Comment

• Well, this little steelworker has to go nighty-night.
                      Be good, the admins are watching!

Oh, and Fastway rocked. Good call, Bengal. Saw them live twice.

Comment

hey they were the grunge overlap. record labels weren;t pushing that stuff anymore. if they'd had the exposure or been a few years earlier they would have done really well. still, even then both their albums went gold i think, so they sold about as well as a kiss album does. doesn't say so much about kiss now does it?...
                        Yep, grunge killed them. Other than that, they'd be selling out stadiums...

Comment

so ur saying anything thats not kiss is crap?? man get over it.
                          someone in this thread has difficulty with comprehension. And not just one time. But I'm not saying who.....
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

I thought we'd established that better album sales meant better music....

so now better album sales doesn't equal better music? It's label push that equals better album sales? I'm so confused....

sonic, were you ever captain of your school debating team?
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

OK, best metal singer. Bring it...
                              Ray Alder of Fates Warning.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by toejam View Post
                                Ray Alder of Fates Warning.
                                Oh! Good one...

Comment

Working...
                                X