No announcement yet.

Sonic v Bengal debate thread :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and yes, this is all in good jest, none of these debates are totally serious. its just funny how we can make an argument out of anything, and its a good excuse to let of some steam....

SOooo...what's next?

i'm not sure what conclusion we reached about Kiss. not necassirly brilliant musicians, but we were agreed they had good songs. but we hadn't agreed on how much influence they'd had on modern music compared to some bands. and they cetainly hadn't sold as much as some bands, so they wren't necessarily the 'biggest' band on he planet...
    Last edited by sonicsamurai; 02-14-2008, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• yes they were brilliant musicians

yes they were biggest band on the planet
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
        i still argue that kiss's worldwide influence is not as big as other bands. i think they were more an american phenomenon....

Well, you can argue till the cows come home. But I'd be willing to bet that KISS was as big if not bigger in Japan than in the US. Japanese fans were freaking rabid and the "corporate whores" as you like to call them were smart enough to capitalize on that fact. Let me ask you a question. Have you actually seen KISS in concert? Not on TV, but in an arena?

I can name a hundred bands that could out play KISS, but I'd be hard pressed to name a handful of acts that could out entertain them. I was fortunate enough to see them in 1976 (Alive era) and then again 20 years later (1996) for the Reunion Tour. It was cool to see my son grin from ear to ear as I had done.
        "POOP"

Comment

• SS,
          You don't even need me to kick your ass. See what comes out of the woodwork when you spout off shit like "KISS doesn't have any platinum albums". How about Double Platinum? Don't know how many albums that one sold. But Alive has went platinum more than once...

Oh, I see. You get your info from Wiki. Sigh...

I think we have proven that they ARE great musicians and very influencial. Do I need to sic Endrik on your ass again?

Lets talk about Hair Metal. I love anyone who's going to tell me XYZ kills anything from that era. You're ripe for an ass kicking there...

Bret ripped off the dude from Kix? Are you kidding me? No one even knew who they were...

What were you? Like 6 when Hair Metal died in 1991? You can learn some things from Wiki but to know the truth, you really needed to live back then...

Not ripping on you because you are young... Wait... Yes I am...
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

• xyz were dam good but for best hair metal band my money is always on dokken

And i thought it was widely believed that poisons moves were ripped from kix. That's what i've always read.

Comment

• Nope, VitaminG had it right. No one ripped of Kix. Why? Because they sucked, that's why...

Dokken? I'll give you Lynch and Pilson. Both great musicians. But Don Dokken had the weakest little girl voice I have ever heard. He was old even for Hair Metal. So best? Hardly...

But I HATED hair metal back in the day. Fuckin' hated it. It wasn't only until lately I've went back and listened to it. Some is good. Most sucks. Most horrible ripoffs of what came before...

Leatherwolf was good. Those guys could play and they had a singer that had range. Powermad was a decent hair/thrash band. I brought them up before but Fastway deserves to be mentioned again...

But I would say the best Hair band was Motley Crue. Kinda hard to argue that. But I'm sure you'll try...

Comment

xyz were dam good but for best hair metal band my money is always on dokken

And i thought it was widely believed that poisons moves were ripped from kix. That's what i've always read.
                "That's what I've always read", see that's your problem. Just watch the videos and watch how he moves then watch those that came before him and make up your own mind....

Wiki sucks for informational purposes. You know that, right?

Comment

• ok motley!
                  1ok debut. 1 awesome album. 1 dull forgetable one. Girls was a 2 song wonder. Feelgood was a cheesefest.
                  Consistent? No way!

Comment

• and i don.t just read wiki i only read it for kiss and was misinformed! Wiki knows everything!if it's not on wiki it never happened right?

Comment

• I have a strange suspicion that Bret had no idea who Kix were, I grew up in Maryland and saw Kix regularly, and I can assure there are very few similarities. Don certainly is not the best singer ever Bengal, but he surely doesn't suck. Just because you were jerkin off to flock of seagulls and using your jizz to coiff your hair does not mean that most 80s metal sucked. On the other hand Leatherwolf was a great underrated band, Michael Olivieri could sing quite well. I'm not quite sure what to make of you quite yet bengal, in one breath you say black and another you say white, quite the difficult one aren't you.

Comment

• Motley Crue was and is the shit!!!!
                        Dokken was and is shit
                        B. Michaels is a DLR wannabe

I'm a huge fan of hair metal.. well maybe not so much anymore... I probably can listen to all of 'em... even Pretty Boy Floyd... but I admit it's MEGA CRAP
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
                          I have a strange suspicion that Bret had no idea who Kix were, I grew up in Maryland and saw Kix regularly, and I can assure there are very few similarities. Don certainly is not the best singer ever Bengal, but he surely doesn't suck. Just because you were jerkin off to flock of seagulls and using your jizz to coiff your hair does not mean that most 80s metal sucked. On the other hand Leatherwolf was a great underrated band, Michael Olivieri could sing quite well. I'm not quite sure what to make of you quite yet bengal, in one breath you say black and another you say white, quite the difficult one aren't you.
                          Look man, if you want to go, step up and go. Don't take these lame shots. Step up and bring it. You've been lurking around here, trying to start trouble, with no sucess. I see you're itching for it, so bring it...

Where did I say Don Dokken sucked? I may think that but I never said it. But as for 80's singers, there are faaaaar better out there. Go back and read my "better bring it live" post. I think you'll see what I mean. Don doesn't really bring it live. Is voice is very small and somewhat weak...

Save for a few bands, 80's hair metal did suck. Look at how many are still viable. Not many. Def Leppard? Bon Jovi? That's the cream of the crop? If that's the case, the genre was in trouble from the start. See, EMO is the new hair metal. Can't tell one band from the other, it's all mixed in with fashon, and the bands are forgetable...

And you don't have to make anything of me. I've made nothing of you...

EDIT: In case you haven't picked up on it yet, all I'm really doing is busting Sonics balls. So I may say one thing and then another. It's all in the ball busting...
                          Last edited by Bengal; 02-14-2008, 01:50 PM.

Comment

ok motley!
                            1ok debut. 1 awesome album. 1 dull forgetable one. Girls was a 2 song wonder. Feelgood was a cheesefest.
                            Consistent? No way!
                            But how many albums did they sell?

Comment

• Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                              Motley Crue was and is the shit!!!!
                              Dokken was and is shit
                              B. Michaels is a DLR wannabe

I'm a huge fan of hair metal.. well maybe not so much anymore... I probably can listen to all of 'em... even Pretty Boy Floyd... but I admit it's MEGA CRAP
                              Hey, I've got Leather Boyz With Electric Toyz on my iPod...

Comment

• SS,
                                I want proof that both XYZ albums went gold. I was just reading up on them, because I don't know shit about them, and they said the first album was the most sucessful but it only went to #99 on the charts. You don't sell 500,000 copies only getting to 99. They said the second was even less sucessful. So where are you getting the info from?

4 posts in a row. I RULE...

Comment

Working...
                                X