Sonic v Bengal debate thread :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• satyricon are NOT mediocre...

i just gave u evidence from the horses mouth so to speak. don't believe me? prove it wrong

seeing as u brought it up, define 'make it'....it think that could be defined on a number of ways, and also be down to personal goals....most bands don't even try and crack the states. thats why some metal bands stay great because they stay underground and free from major label pressures of writing 'catchier' songs and more commerically orientated material. face it most extreme metal bands suck after they 'go global'.

i wasn't implying you necessarily were, but that attitude smacks of that...
    Last edited by sonicsamurai; 02-14-2008, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
      satyricon are NOT mediocre...
      Oh yes, they are...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

• I have a good story about those guys at Download '06. About had to kick all their makeup wearing asses...

Comment

• download is a crap festival some big bands, but too many emo and 'kiddie' bands. far too expensive as well. for less money u could go to germany and back and see way more, better, metal bands.

Comment

satyricon are NOT mediocre...

i just gave u evidence from the horses mouth so to speak. don't believe me? prove it wrong

seeing as u brought it up, define 'make it'....it think that could be defined on a number of ways, and also be down to personal goals....most bands don't even try and crack the states. thats why some metal bands stay great because they stay underground and free from major label pressures of writing 'catchier' songs and more commerically orientated material. face it most extreme metal bands suck after they 'go global'.

i wasn't implying you necessarily were, but that attitude smacks of that...
            Why would any band in their right mind turn down the money that could be made here? Us Americans are stupid and will buy just about anything, American Idol anyone? So unless they are stupid or just can't make a splash here, they don't come here...

I'm sure Maiden would say they thought they first "made it" on the Beast tour of the States. I think I remember them saying thats when they knew they had "made it". Judas Priest said the same thing...

I'm not saying it's better. It just opens more doors. Lots of idiots with lots of money. I don't know anyone who would turn their back on that...

Comment

download is a crap festival some big bands, but too many emo and 'kiddie' bands. far too expensive as well. for less money u could go to germany and back and see way more, better, metal bands.
              Well, whatever. Satyricon was playing there. Must be shit then...

Comment

• Bengal... Europe has the people man... american concert audiences (no offence) are way lamer.... seats on the floor... what the fuck is that

bands love playing in Europe
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                  Bengal... Europe has the people man... american concert audiences (no offence) are way lamer.... seats on the floor... what the fuck is that

bands love playing in Europe
                  Not going to debate that. I saw some lame ass crowds in Europe. I've seen some lame ass crowds in America. Neither are immune...

A lot of American bands hate playing Europe too. Why? First is Border Patrol. Second is NO ICE!!!

Kidding. Eveyone I know LOVES playing Europe. Who wouldn't?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                    Why would any band in their right mind turn down the money that could be made here? Us Americans are stupid and will buy just about anything, American Idol anyone? So unless they are stupid or just can't make a splash here, they don't come here...

I'm sure Maiden would say they thought they first "made it" on the Beast tour of the States. I think I remember them saying thats when they knew they had "made it". Judas Priest said the same thing...

I'm not saying it's better. It just opens more doors. Lots of idiots with lots of money. I don't know anyone who would turn their back on that...

it depends, ur right i mean if i got offered a chance to tour the staes, i would man, but for some healdining shows regulary might be that sign, or pullling large crowds regulalry, or doing a festival slot....

Comment

it depends, ur right i mean if i got offered a chance to tour the staes, i would man, but for some healdining shows regulary might be that sign, or pullling large crowds regulalry, or doing a festival slot....
                      Well, it's a little of everything. Can a band be sucessful by not touring the States? Sure. Do they? Not really. It really is a money thing. That's what motivates a lot of bands. Hell, it's what motivates a lot of US. So turning your back on that doesn't make sense...

Unless you can't bring it like Mama's Boys...

(There is another abscure 80's band reference for you. It's OK, I'm sure you've never heard of them)

Comment

Not going to debate that. I saw some lame ass crowds in Europe. I've seen some lame ass crowds in America. Neither are immune...

A lot of American bands hate playing Europe too. Why? First is Border Patrol. Second is NO ICE!!!

Kidding. Eveyone I know LOVES playing Europe. Who wouldn't?
                        but I gotta say... the bands get better pussy in US... the groupies are way hotter and crazier
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                          but I gotta say... the bands get better pussy in US... the groupies are way hotter and crazier
                          ugh no most are fugly and over done and they try too hard...tho thats what i seen , i'm sure if i was on the receiving end i wouldn't have any complaints :ROTF:

Comment

• dude trust me on this... groupies the bands actually fuck are not fugly

Comment

ugh no most are fugly and over done and they try too hard...tho thats what i seen , i'm sure if i was on the receiving end i wouldn't have any complaints :ROTF:
                              How on Gods Green Earth would you know? Any groupies for your band? Just because you get the fat skanks doesn't mean bands that have Gold Albums do...

Thats the thing. REAL groupies don't come to the show to get attention and whatnot. The band members know who to call in every city. They come backstage, hang out on the bus, maybe take the guys for a ride to Best Buy or something. That kind of shit. The others that try to get backstage at the concert are good for nothing other than a blowjob...

Comment

How on Gods Green Earth would you know? Any groupies for your band? Just because you get the fat skanks doesn't mean bands that have Gold Albums do...

Thats the thing. REAL groupies don't come to the show to get attention and whatnot. The band members know who to call in every city. They come backstage, hang out on the bus, maybe take the guys for a ride to Best Buy or something. That kind of shit. The others that try to get backstage at the concert are good for nothing other than a blowjob...
                                Now on this I will Agree with you! And the roadies get alot of them first, just be sure to write DNK on the pass.

Comment

Working...
                                X