No announcement yet.

Sonic v Bengal debate thread :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i agreee with the first too. good call.....

...but, with all due repsect ref, i never actually debated the women of special consideration as, although i felt some were a tad on the washed up side, i also agreed that i would consider them specially for the entertaining of my person - a null and void debate surely?
    Last edited by sonicsamurai; 02-14-2008, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• sonic,
      I'm still waiting for you to tell me how old you are. Like I said, I'm not going to use it against you at all. I'm just quite curious...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

• :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF: good one sonic.

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
        i agreee with the first too. good call.....

...but, with all due repsect ref, i never actually debated the women of special consideration as, although i felt some were a tad on the washed up side, i also agreed that i would consider them specially for the entertaining of my person - a null and void debate surely?

Comment

• ok i would like to debate doug aldrich. having just watched his marshall vid and a related video of him demonstrating his skills and solos, i am left wondering whatever happened to that briliant guitarist who was so brilliant in the mid 80s with lion, and wrote such killer riffs and solos as those famously demonstrated on the transformers movie theme, and other songs such as armed and dangerous and powerlove. i was greatley disappointed and bored by the way he plays now tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengal View Post
            sonic,
            I'm still waiting for you to tell me how old you are. Like I said, I'm not going to use it against you at all. I'm just quite curious...
            22 1/2
            Last edited by sonicsamurai; 02-14-2008, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
              22 1/2

I was going to guess 22. That 1/2 is a whole different set of experience, though.

It has been a crazy six months, though...hasn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                I was going to guess 22. That 1/2 is a whole different set of experience, though.

It has been a crazy six months, though...hasn't it?

yes lots of change everywhere, new home, new city, movin back in woth parent for a bit, trying to find employment in the real world, band. been alot on for me!!

but yeah are we agreed that its techincally 1 win for bengal and a draw for me as we didn't actually debate the the groupie chicks?

Comment

ok i would like to debate doug aldrich. having just watched his marshall vid and a related video of him demonstrating his skills and solos, i am left wondering whatever happened to that briliant guitarist who was so brilliant in the mid 80s with lion, and wrote such killer riffs and solos as those famously demonstrated on the transformers movie theme, and other songs such as armed and dangerous and powerlove. i was greatley disappointed and bored by the way he plays now tbh.
                  Doug tore it up with Dio! And from what I've seen/heard of his playing with Whitesnake, he still does.

I haven't heard of any original stuff from him lately, but the hired gun thing has him touring the world and would surely pay the bills.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    Doug tore it up with Dio! And from what I've seen/heard of his playing with Whitesnake, he still does.

I haven't heard of any original stuff from him lately, but the hired gun thing has him touring the world and would surely pay the bills.

i saw some of the vids of him playing dio and he spounded lame, he was playing sabbath stuff and he just sounded weak tbh. i kind of like killing the dragon, but this hired gun thing must be screweing wioth his playong coz his style just seems to be a mash of everything and it just comes out dull now...

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                      i saw some of the vids of him playing dio and he spounded lame, he was playing sabbath stuff and he just sounded weak tbh. i kind of like killing the dragon, but this hired gun thing must be screweing wioth his playong coz his style just seems to be a mash of everything and it just comes out dull now...
                      IMHO Doug plays great on "Killing the Dragon".......I also saw Dio live on the "Killing the Dragon" tour and Doug was very very good. His playing style may be different from the Lion material in order to accommodate Dio's music, but again I thought he was extremely good

Comment

• You want to talk about Doug Aldrich but don't know who TNT are? OK...

Go research Ronnie Le Tekro. We can debate him if you want. I always found that guy tasty...

But Doug was a day late and a dollar short. That sums up his whole career. Good guitarist but always at the right scene but like 3 years past the prime...

Comment

• sonic,
                          You can't debate the chick thing because you bring no expierence...

Thanks for giving me the age though. I thought from your pics you were younger. But it's all good...

Comment

• I saw Doug with Whitesnake and tore down the whole building... amazing
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I disagree. As a hired gun, he often has to play solos that someone else wrote. But he plays them his own way (much like Reb Beach did with Dokken). I think he just obliterates the Viv Campbell stuff with Dio. And I think his playing sits well with the John Sykes stuff with Whitesnake.

I can only assume (from your post above and many others in this thread) that your ears are actually sewn on and serve no more purpose than decoration for the sides of your head.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

I can only assume (from your post above and many others in this thread) that your ears are actually sewn on and serve no more purpose than decoration for the sides of your head.
                                Ouch...

Comment

Working...
                                X