No announcement yet.

Sonic v Bengal debate thread :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Doug Aldrich, all I knew about the guy was the glowing praise that I'd seen heaped upon him by the good folks here and on other guitar sites. So when Dio came through here with Doug in tow, I was pretty stoked to be getting the chance to see him play. All I can say is that I hope I caught him on a bad night - he really wasn't the player I was expecting. It was just a mess of gratuitous and not very appropriate overplaying at every opportunity.
    Maybe that venue is cursed. I saw Thin Lizzy at the same place recently, and John Sykes was just awful that night - talk about obviously not giving a toss...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengal View Post
      sonic,
      You can't debate the chick thing because you bring no expierence...

Thanks for giving me the age though. I thought from your pics you were younger. But it's all good...

yeah i still get ID'ed nxt to 19 yr olds

Comment

• Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        I disagree. As a hired gun, he often has to play solos that someone else wrote. But he plays them his own way (much like Reb Beach did with Dokken). I think he just obliterates the Viv Campbell stuff with Dio. And I think his playing sits well with the John Sykes stuff with Whitesnake.

I can only assume (from your post above and many others in this thread) that your ears are actually sewn on and serve no more purpose than decoration for the sides of your head.

my aers wor fine but his playing does nothing for me

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

he's okon this vid, interesting slide idea, but his blues playin doesn't do it for me.

Comment

• Doug Aldrich plays Midnight Sun from his Electrovision album.

again quite interesting at times but uninspired mainlyand just a bit cold. he clearly has the skilz, but what he's playing ultimately doesn't sound that brilliant or entertaining - listenable but doesn't grab ,me at all
            Last edited by sonicsamurai; 02-15-2008, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• This topic is boring...

Next topic?
              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

• OK, I'll provide it...

American Football vs. European/World Soccer...

Should be a slam dunk...

Comment

• soccer sucks cock
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• its called football, not soccer. u americans just can't do anything the same as anybody else. and its far more entertaining and flowing than american football, which is just a poor mans rugby with silly body armour
                    Last edited by sonicsamurai; 02-15-2008, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• i'd also like to point out that there have been several threads recently where a large number of people have stated they can't watch american football without beer, because the beer is the only thing that makes it seem entertaning. no need for this with football, as it is entertaining enuff as it is

Comment

• Endrick,
                        You are so right brother...

Yeah, like soccer fans don't drink. Save that for someone dumber than I am man...

It is soccer. And it sucks. Deal with it...

And I don't drink. I don't need alcohol to make anything fun. If you do, you have a problem. And I love Football. Even sober...

Comment

• soccer fans do drink, but they don't feel obliged to drink becuase the game is very entertaining. beeer enhances tat. a number of people here stated they couldn't watch american footbal unless they had beer because it was dull otherwise

Comment

• also american football players are pussies. wearing that stupid armour. loose the armour and just play rugby. it's a real man's game.

there is also the problem that american football (in all the games i've watched) seems to stop play every 5 seconds. they all walk forward another metre, tussle about a bit and then stop. then there's a wait of a minute before they start agian. ther'es no flow in american football whatsoever and no real goal or skill or tactic other than to throw the ball to the guy who's running. the rest of the team is redundant and only useful for wrestling in a gay manner with the other team. the only 2 players that actually seem to matter are the thrower and the runner.

football and rugby are much more a team game with better tactics and more skill.
                            Last edited by sonicsamurai; 02-15-2008, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

• Originally posted by ABSOLUT CHARVEL View Post
                                :ROTF::ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                                X