Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one here collect comics?

Sup?
    My step daughter was given a box of comics and asked me if i knew anything about what some of them might be worth, and i said no, but i'll get to do'in some research and see what i can dig up, and figured while i was searching around I'd ask here also,,sooo,,,was wondering if anyone here might be a collector, and maybe could give me a little info on some of these as i don't want to get hosed by just taking them to the comic store to later find out i might have had something.

There is a few Spiderman,(40, 45, 77,etc) a Star Trek, and a bunch of others i have never heard of. I'll try to get some pics up later of some of these if it helps

Thanks
    MOSH ON
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comics, like most collectibles, value depends on the condition.
    If they're wrinkly, folded corners/pages, stains, spine stables loose and overall poor shape. You have a comic you can read but has no resale value.
    However, if you have a comic thats in good to mint condition (depending on the year as well) you may have a comic that has some resale value.

Ebay is somewhat of a decent place to observe other sellers comic listings.
    A good visual helps alot.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I don't collect, I just occasionally read 'em. Just guessing but I'd say that comics aren't as valuable as collectibles compared to antiques or old Les Pauls.
      I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Comics can be very collectable. Just as much as antiques or guitars...

But like Soap said, it's all about the condition and who is in the comic. Super Heros do better than anything else. Marvel and DC were the biggies back in the day...

But names and numbers and years are needed to really see what you have...

(Like The Amazing Spider Man #126 August 1974, that kind of thing)
        Last edited by Bengal; 02-12-2008, 08:41 PM.
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Early Spiderman issues are very hot at this time as are early Superman.Several years ago I sold a set of original Spiderman issues 1-24 and made a fine chunk of change.
          Dr.Strange is a good one too. I have the large annual (1st run) with the origin of Dr. Strange and have been offered over $ 200.00 but it is mint.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            Early Spiderman issues are very hot at this time as are early Superman.Several years ago I sold a set of original Spiderman issues 1-24 and made a fine chunk of change.
            Dr.Strange is a good one too. I have the large annual (1st run) with the origin of Dr. Strange and have been offered over $ 200.00 but it is mint.
            Agreed. When I was little I was really into my brothers old Transformers, so my mom bought me (over time) the entire line. I think we put maybe $40 into it. Now I could go put th first 4 on ebay and probably get about $150. Not a lot compared to some others, but imo it is for a book.

Comment

Sgt Rock is quite hot right now as far as WWII comics go
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanx for the replys guys, i think i found out most of what i needed, there are a couple old ones,(I wish the spiderman 40, 45 were in beter shape they would fetch a little)...... but not much $ to be had for them I'm afraid, but thats OK, they were given to her so it aint like she spent a bunch of money on them, so she is still up no matter how we look at it

MOSH ON
                DAVE
                "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
                X