How to get rid of ants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get rid of ants?

Anybody have any suggestions on killing ants. We have been trying to get rid of fire ants for years. We have tried everything avaliable over the counter but all they ever do is move. I guess if they sold something that actually worked they wouldnt make any money.
    Just one more guitar!

Lighter fluid and a match...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Boiling water

Comment

A real small hammer and good knees,
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

ZyklonB works great.

Comment

Chase them to the neighbor's yard.
            Watch as they call the Orkin Man.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
              A real small hammer and good knees,
              :ROTF: This stuff works great. I had them pretty bad a couple years ago. Haven't seen one in a couple years.

Comment

Find the mounds and pour powdered Tide laundry detergent on them. They'll eat it and die.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                  Lighter fluid and a match...
                  :ROTF:
                  that's what i was going to say. seriously, it works.

Comment

What if they are ants with no mounds? Kinda like ......
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

the best way to get rid of those small garden ants is to get big forest ants and let them loose where the garden ants are... WWIII breaks loose... the big ants eat the small ones and leave... that works no BS

lighting them with all kinds of fluids is not a good idea... me and my cousin almost burned the whole neighbourhood down
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I guess my problem is I have a 5 acre yard on a 40 acre piece of land. You guys are a bunch of pyros. I am going to try the Tide tomorrow. The ant hills I sprayed earlier made new holes in about an hour.
                        Last edited by scotty; 02-13-2008, 05:58 PM.
                        Just one more guitar!

Comment

the only real way is to have a monthly exterminator service.

ants are fucking relentless.
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I like burning things...

Actually I used that method about 15 years ago. No money but lighter fluid and a match. It worked. I squirted a shitload down the hole and set it on fire. Never saw them again...

I've also read the Tide thing works along with the boiling water method. I've used boiling water to kill weeds in the cracks of cement and it works wonders so that might work with ants too. Liquify those bastards...
                            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Just get a fucking huge magnifying glass and wait for a sunny day
                              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                              X