Eddie Van Halen, What Happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Van Halen, What Happened

anybody seen this abomination of an Eddie Guitar Solo? I would have demanded a refund... What happened over these 25 years? He totally lost his edge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ljWq08g_D8
    sigpic

Thats what meth will do for you.Sad but still way better than me.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Cheap wine and meth.

Comment

Painful, I cannot even watch that.

Comment

Be careful... Don't pick on Ed... The fanboys will come after you.

Comment

It is sad. It would have been a lot nicer to see him age with class like a lot of other great guitarists. I guess you gotta choose a path. If you choose the party path and still perform, you still have to be able to show up and kick ass night after night. I would love to see Ed get his shit together, record some mind blowing shit, then keep it up or throw in the towel. That would possibly keep us from the endless debate of what was, what is, and what should never have been.
            The Buzzard does not fear
            The man in riot gear
            Harvest a skull of stone
            The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Lets pretend...
              If its fake why then aren't they touring?
              You do know the tour is, well...its not.
              So, and I can be definietly be wrong, but I'm thinking the video isn't fake or they just might be touring. Depends on who you talk to, gather your resource and such.
              One camp will tell its ED's health the other drug and alcohol abuse gone to far again.
              Either way, Ed's health is in jeopardy due to his life style and the tour came to a screeching halt. Eds on a self destructive course.

Mike was the smart one out of them all he played his cards right.
              Not getting mixed up and staying away from Ed was a very good career and professional move.
              Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

OK which one of you guys overdubbed that to poor Eddie? lol
                Ed is in rehab again. They postponed alot of dates throught the middle of April. Probably just for this reason. HES FRIKKIN DRUNK. The only thing he did half right was the tapping.
                And his tone was kinda of icky too. Hopefully he'll be better again. The next time around,
                Gil

Comment

i'm pretty sure it's not fake, take a look at the "related videos" of the same show. his playing isn't what it use to be. i wish he would find some help.
                  sigpic

Comment

He can still do pretty well when he's sober, but once he went off the wagon the clips started sucking really bad. I cringed when I clicked on Little Guitars and he couldn't even play the main riff right. He needs help, and of course they can say truthfully that it's a medical issue now. He's been drinking and drugging so long that, yeah, his health is now at stake.

But his dad died an alky, so he probably thinks that it's okay. Too bad Wolfie had to take all the flak over Mikey and then see his dad disintegrate before his eyes onstage.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                      They postponed alot of dates throught the middle of April. Probably just for this reason.
                      This is what I had heard on some radio station but after seeing that video, I now understand why the stopped the tour.

[flame shield on]

Eddie used to be my fav, but since a few years, he's been going down the drain and I don't care for him or whatever he does anymore...

[flame shield off]
                      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I like Eddie too but the most frustrating thing about him is he's never progressed as a guitarist. He peaked at VH1 and has ridden that tallent for 30 years now.

Yep, hes a drunk. His dad was a drunk and Wolfie better watch it, there is a very good chance he might become a drunk too.

Did it skip Alex? Or does he just have his shit together? I've always wondered that. He use to be a big partier. I wonder if he still is? Never seen youtube videos of him not being able to play.

I just wish he'd get healthy and live the rest of his life in peace. He doesn't need to tour anymore. Just enjoy life. He's given us enough. He now needs to give some time to himself.

But that damn stage is as addicting as the booze he drinks. (Well, the stage and the money)
                        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                          Be careful... Don't pick on Ed... The fanboys will come after you.

AINT SKEERED!!!!! :ROTF:

Ed lost my respect long ago ....

We lose SRV and other guitar giants and this cockroach is still going. Guess there is some truth to that saying if a nuke hits only cockroaches will survive.

Comment

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
                            AINT SKEERED!!!!! :ROTF:

Ed lost my respect long ago ....

We lose SRV and other guitar giants and this cockroach is still going. Guess there is some truth to that saying if a nuke hits only cockroaches will survive.
                            That's just not true...everyone knows keith richards would survive too

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                              I like Eddie too but the most frustrating thing about him is he's never progressed as a guitarist. He peaked at VH1 and has ridden that tallent for 30 years now.

Yep, hes a drunk. His dad was a drunk and Wolfie better watch it, there is a very good chance he might become a drunk too.

Did it skip Alex? Or does he just have his shit together? I've always wondered that. He use to be a big partier. I wonder if he still is? Never seen youtube videos of him not being able to play.

I just wish he'd get healthy and live the rest of his life in peace. He doesn't need to tour anymore. Just enjoy life. He's given us enough. He now needs to give some time to himself.

But that damn stage is as addicting as the booze he drinks. (Well, the stage and the money)
                              Alex quit drinking and stayed quit.
                              Being an alcoholic is a choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X