Trade Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Issues

I have not done a trade over the internet for some time. I use to do tons on Harmony Central before they changed to the forum they have now. But I got the itch and found a guy and made a deal and traded guitars.

Well, today was the day they should have got there. Well, mine got there just fine. He PM's me through HC and says he's happy with them and all is well. He want's me to let him know when I get mine.

The tracking number that he gave me never tracked. It gave me this.

"Mar 24, 2008 2:22 PM Package data transmitted to FedEx"

But that was it. Now I remember sometimes tracking numbers go haywire and sometimes they don't track right so I didn't think anything about it.

Needless to say, it was supposed to be delivered today and it wasn't. So I called Fed Ex and they told me he never shipped it. He printed out the label online but never brought the box to Fed Ex to ship. I didn't know you could do that, I'm somewhat computer stupid. But I guess doing that means you can make it "look" like he shipped when he didn't.

But the deal was to ship on Monday and have the guitars on Wednesday.

But the guy gave me a legit address and phone number. I mean, if he was going to fuck me, would he do that? I wouldn't. But I've called his house a few times tonight and have talked to his wife/girlfriend everytime. I've explained that I need to talk with this guy and she tells me that he's at a friends house and he'll call when he gets home. But the first call was 4 hours ago. If you knew the dude you were trading with was freaking out, wouldn't you call him right away? Deep breath.

So I'm freaking just a bit. I've never been screwed (Karma anyone?) before in any trade I've done, and I've done a few.

So the quesiton is, am I freaking out too early?

Has anyone ever had something like this go on with Fed Ex? They say he didn't ship, his wife keeps telling me he did and she has the paperwork right in front of her. Fed Ex won't do anything at the time, they want him to call them and start the process.

This sucks a bit. I'm sure I'm freaking out a bit too much too early. When is the right time to freak out? We are only talking about an $800.00 guitar here. Nothing huge. But still, it's all I can do to not get in the car right now and head east.

So, any advise?
    I'm angry because you're stupid

What would fett do?
    "POOP"

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 01-16-2012, 06:15 PM.
      Just a guitar player...

Comment

I wouldn't freak out yet. I've had many packages show only that message when tracking them for days. Sometimes the tracking info doesn't get updated until after the package has already been delivered.

My guess is the person you spoke with at FedEx had no more information than you so that's what they said.

I'd give it another day or 2 before doing anything major - your options for taking action won't change in the next few days (unless the guy is moving :P).

Comment

Probably one of those jerks who waited to yours first; I hate when people do that

Comment

I don't like trades for this reason. I prefer to buy using AmEx or something similar, and sell in a separate transaction.

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
              If he hasn't bothered shipping the thing yet, then at this point this has nothing to do with FedEx. This has to do with a douche bag who hasn't even started his end of the deal.
              Well, that's the thing. I have not talked to the guy yet but his wife/girlfriend says he shipped it. Fed Ex says he didn't. Who's right? Who knows. Is it possible for a package to just fall off the face of the earth when you drop it off at Fed Ex? I've never heard of that happening but I guess it could.

What would fett do? fett wouldn't be in this position because the guitar is $800.00. A bit too spendy for him.

It is a fine line. I don't want to piss this guy off at all. I need his help. But part of me thinks he just wanted to see my guitars first before he shipped his. If so, that's pretty shitty but I've seen worse. But he should have come out and say that from the begining.

Then there is the whole "he's not doing what I want him to do" by calling and talking to me and trying to figure this out. But his wife said he'd call tonight. I guess if I don't hear from him tonight, I'll try again tomorrow.

Comment

I had a message like that from Music123 or someone..still showed it hadn't shipped 2 days after I had it.
                Once I had a delivered message..didn't get it for a day or two either. Don't sweat it yet.

Comment

Hey Don! Happy Birthday.

Trades are usually cool. This is the first "bad" one in over 100. Not bad odds.

Comment

Did you ship fedex? Is he shipping fedex to your home? FYI, fedex home ground works Tuesday thru Saturday, so if he dropped it off Monday, it wouldn't even move until Tuesday, so if you thought it would take 2 days to get to you, then it would show tomorrow (Thurs).

I too have had that notice on the web, yet the item shows up on my doorstep anyway. The wife/girlfriend probably is telling the truth that she's looking at the paperwork, have her ask him to fax it to you tomorrow so you can double verify what they are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                      Did you ship fedex? Is he shipping fedex to your home? FYI, fedex home ground works Tuesday thru Saturday, so if he dropped it off Monday, it wouldn't even move until Tuesday, so if you thought it would take 2 days to get to you, then it would show tomorrow (Thurs).

I too have had that notice on the web, yet the item shows up on my doorstep anyway. The wife/girlfriend probably is telling the truth that she's looking at the paperwork, have her ask him to fax it to you tomorrow so you can double verify what they are saying.
                      I shipped Fed Ex Ground to him on Monday and mine moved Monday afternoon. I have heard that Tuesday-Saturday thing but I have never seen it happen to me when I shipped Monday.

What's the difference between "Ground" and "Home Ground"? Is there one? Last time I shipped with Fed Ex I swear there wasn't a "Home" anything. But there is now. Wondering what the difference is. Maybe I shipped Ground and he shipped Home Ground? Is that possible?

I got a PM from the guy not too long ago. He swears he sent it and I believe him. What got me going was the fact that the girl at Fed Ex was adamant that he DID NOT send anything. I asked how she could tell that and it was not just a computer snafu like I've seen before. She said, "We can tell these things". So I asked how and she said I would have to have the shipper start the "process" to find out how.

When did it become OK for Customer Service people to start making up shit? You know what I mean? They don't know the answer so instead of finding out, they make shit up. Pisses me off.

I hope it comes tomorrow or friday. I'm hoping tomorrow because I'm home until 2pm. Friday I'm gone all day and this thing requires a signature.

So does ground deliver on Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                        What's the difference between "Ground" and "Home Ground"?
                        Regular Ground is to a business addie, Home Ground is to residential (there's an additional surcharge)

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                        I hope it comes tomorrow or friday. I'm hoping tomorrow because I'm home until 2pm. Friday I'm gone all day and this thing requires a signature.

So does ground deliver on Saturday?
                        Nope - unless he paid up for it, which I would doubt...

I would keep on him - it's possible he transmitted the order twice by mistake, and gave you the tracking # that he didn't use to ship on - I've done it before - caused major issues, never did THAT again!
                        Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

If it's fedex they do deliver on Saturdays. I have gotten packages from them many times on Saturdays.

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                            What would fett do?

I think your on edge a little bit
                            give it an extra day, just in case it's something truly out of his control. but he should be more agressive in staying in touch with you.
                            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                            Amp... Pioneer
                            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                              If it's fedex they do deliver on Saturdays. I have gotten packages from them many times on Saturdays.
                              I know Fedex Home delivers on Saturdays, but does regular Fedex?
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X